News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing side vents in a non A/C 2nd Gen

Started by AKcharger, December 24, 2013, 03:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Is installing a set of side dash vents in a non A/C car as easy as just hacking 2 holes in the dash or is there more to this?

bill440rt

The mount holes for the side vents are the same as the block off plates.  :yesnod:
You just have to make a template for the rectangular openings & cut them out.
This thread shows installation of factory vents in a non-A/C dash. Car has aftermarket A/C, but vents are factory:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,87688.0.html
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

AKcharger

Thanks Bill. I actually read over that post before and that's what I plan to do but wasn't sure about cutting holes for the vents.Now that both cars are in Fl. I suspect the A/C installation to be a priority if I want the Mrs. to join me  ;)

again Thanks!

timmycharger

Just did the same thing. Just pay attention to which one is left and right, and drill the hole for the knob in the correct spot.

AKcharger

Copy. just picked up some ducts should be a fun project :-)