News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rare 440-6 fury for sale.

Started by tracpack440, December 15, 2013, 10:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bricklayer

Thunderbolt and lightfoot
Clint Eastwood movie
Had a 1970 sport fury in the movie

RallyeMike

I'm pretty sure I was at (Dan's?) house maybe 10 years ago when I was riding shotgun with someone. It doesnt look like there has been any progress on the cars except for maybe the asking price. On the flip side, I guess they don't look any worse either.

If there is someone out there dreaming of 6-pack Fury's, that driveway is paradise. Buy these 3 and there is only 7 left to corner the market!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

daveco

Quote from: Ryan.C on December 16, 2013, 09:23:22 PM
I have always been a fan of fuseloge Chryslers, but you would be lucky to get much more than 20K out of a RESTORED V-code fury. For the most part guys my age (30) do not get into old cars, especially C-bodies. I dont think there is much of a market for them.

It's all the lust factor.
The car everyone wanted in high school, but could not afford, is what will become valuable when those same high schoolers become financially successful with excess disposable income.
Not very many high schoolers lusted after a Sport Fury.
R/Tree

tracpack440

Here is a 71 Gt 440 fury on CL.  Ive seen this car in person at a couple of shows here in the Nw area. Nice car original paint i remember
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4238442899.html
1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

Homerr

I replied to a similar thread on moparts a few weeks ago where the seller was replying.  My beef was basically that the ads are written poorly for someone who is trying to sell me that these C bodies are super rare.  I'm still unclear about what the "1 of 2" part is....promo car?  GT?  1 of 2 that has the dash crack right in the middle?

The 6bbl car is interesting, but I think that if the guy could do some chassis / bodywork and get the front clip together the car would be about 1000x more salable. 

Aero426

I'm not a C body expert, but I believe that entire forward unibody is a subframe that unbolts from the center body shell and is replaceable.     

ACUDANUT

I would not take it, if it was given to me.  :eek2:

daveco

It would be a great candidate for a remake of "Christine"
R/Tree

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Aero426 on December 17, 2013, 10:27:58 AM
The entire forward unibody is a subframe that unbolts from the center body shell and is replaceable.     

That is correct. :yesnod:

Homerr

Looks like he dropped the $19,000 price on the sixpack car to $1,000.  Unless someone is trolling him.

Quote1970 plymouth sport fury 6 PAC - $1000 (My place)
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
I have over posted this car and just need it gone, been turned in by neighbors for parking junk..so I just want scrap price. It's worth saving read below my comments

RAREST OF THE RARE... 1 of 1 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT, super rare ...............FACTORY ..V code 440+6 car.................. PH23VOF143370, has original fender tag, door sticker ,broadcast sheet, WINDOW STICKER, ORDER SHEET, ORIGINAL TITLE, ORIG OWNER HISTORY, car is black with black int and white strobe stripes, column shift , bench seat car, still wearing whats left of its original paint and is 1 of 7 known real V codes, [ there is 11 vins known]...,now the bad, car needs total restoration! car is rusty and was wrecked in RF fender and suspension early in life, probably the only V code fury GT in this color combo.. THIS CAR WAS SPECIAL ORDERED!...this is a big project ,but once restored will be the only one on the planet like it..so if you are seeking a car that is so elusive most dont even know of their existence this may be for you. 1000.00. OBRO..other parts avail for sale seperatly.. inquire.. will also TRADE for RESTORED mopar musclecar... call and lets talk dan .....have 1 other also available.. NOT INCLUDED in price..EXTRA $$$.. ADDED PICS OF IT ALSO ....similar condition but has matching trans still..PH23VOD105485 [THIS IS THE YELLOW/BLACK 70 Y28 PROMO CAR],
$1000.00obo 253 852 6618 ......

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/4245220162.html

Older ad:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4238449406.html

Lord Warlock

reality sucks, shame to see a six pack car get crushed, but sport fury wasn't much sport, it was a big, heavy car, maybe he should save the dash and vins and sell those instead. wouldn't want to do a project like that, too much damage not enough incentive, even when done it won't beckon like most other mid size coupes.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

arrow

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on December 16, 2013, 07:00:46 AM
the 440-6 gets canceled out by "70 fury" , i' never thought there would be a 440-6 pak car i wasn't interested in.... was proven wrong  :o

Thats the Renton  rip-off Dan Corley - I like the post that he'd have a better chance selling what he's smoking.  hes been carrying on about these rust buckets on Moparts non stop for over 10 yrs. -- most tiresome guy in the mopar hobby

cudaken

C Bodies are getting rare! Reason?  :scratchchin: They have been parted out for there motors. I hated parting out one, 1970 4 Door Chrysler with 60,000 miles. It was a sweet car if you where into 4 doors, which I was not. I was into 440's.  :D If it was a 2 door, I would have saved it.

Only C body I have coveted is the Hurst 300. In my top 15 Mopars list I would love to own, I would rate it between 8 and 11.

$19,000, maybe $4,000. Reason they only made 7 was no one wanted one!  :lol:

I am back

arrow

I think Ply. built around 55-60 V engine code Furys -- and Dan got the 3 worst ones left  !!!     :nana:

tracpack440

Sorry to bore you all with more furys. Here is another one w23 recall wheels.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4235726081.html

tracpack440

Ghoste

I'd rather have a V code Fury than a 427 Impala SS.

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 18, 2013, 06:41:03 AM
I'd rather have a V code Fury than a 427 Impala SS.
Other way round. Buddy bought a factir 1966 427 SS convert for $50.00 in 1980. Love that car.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Aero426

Quote from: tracpack440 on December 18, 2013, 02:38:39 AM
Sorry to bore you all with more furys. Here is another one w23 recall wheels.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4235726081.html

The blue one with the recall wheels is also Dan's car.

6pkrtse

I love 70 Sport Fury GT's myself. Would love to have one someday. Would also love the fact if it was a sixpack car but not at those prices. He has been selling them for a long time.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Homerr

I'm not gonna link it, but looking at street view I could see where his neighbors complained and he needs to move the cars quickly.  However, I find it hard to believe that this guy is cutting his prices to comparably nothing.

polywideblock

so if someone was looking at these cars especially since the price reduction     :scratchchin: 

what models of "donor "car could you use?

what do they sell for ? 

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Homerr on December 17, 2013, 10:01:16 PM
Looks like he dropped the $19,000 price on the sixpack car to $1,000.  Unless someone is trolling him.

Quote1970 plymouth sport fury 6 PAC - $1000 (My place)
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
I have over posted this car and just need it gone, been turned in by neighbors for parking junk..so I just want scrap price. It's worth saving read below my comments

RAREST OF THE RARE... 1 of 1 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT, super rare ...............FACTORY ..V code 440+6 car.................. PH23VOF143370, has original fender tag, door sticker ,broadcast sheet, WINDOW STICKER, ORDER SHEET, ORIGINAL TITLE, ORIG OWNER HISTORY, car is black with black int and white strobe stripes, column shift , bench seat car, still wearing whats left of its original paint and is 1 of 7 known real V codes, [ there is 11 vins known]...,now the bad, car needs total restoration! car is rusty and was wrecked in RF fender and suspension early in life, probably the only V code fury GT in this color combo.. THIS CAR WAS SPECIAL ORDERED!...this is a big project ,but once restored will be the only one on the planet like it..so if you are seeking a car that is so elusive most dont even know of their existence this may be for you. 1000.00. OBRO..other parts avail for sale seperatly.. inquire.. will also TRADE for RESTORED mopar musclecar... call and lets talk dan .....have 1 other also available.. NOT INCLUDED in price..EXTRA $$$.. ADDED PICS OF IT ALSO ....similar condition but has matching trans still..PH23VOD105485 [THIS IS THE YELLOW/BLACK 70 Y28 PROMO CAR],
$1000.00obo 253 852 6618 ......

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/4245220162.html

Older ad:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4238449406.html

how does he go from 19k to 1k ?? :scratchchin:

surmanajaja

I have always loved that body style, but not at 30k when I can get a charger or e-body for the same money- ...under 10k for a really sweet low miles car and I would be interested....29999 no thanx.