News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sell the charger for this cuda...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, December 15, 2013, 09:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

Why is it sitting on blocks? Tires flat or is it something with the suspension?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

skip68

First of all don't sell Charger.......   
I'd say this car is worth somewhere in the $8,500 to $10,500 range.   
Far as N.A.D.A. goes, I've used it like a Bible on newer vehicles but NEVER relied on it for classics.    It's just not accurate.     
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Cooter

I hear people on here whining about clearance issues with the B bodies. You ain't lived to you have to pull thef'in engine to replace the starter on s BB A body..until you work on it, you have no clue. Save some money and dump a 4 speed in the Charger.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

And as for handling, yes they were a tad nose heavy (to understate greatly).

daveco

Love the 67-69 Barracudas, but I would prefer a small block.
This car "has everything" but sadly still needs everything.
R/Tree

Hard Charger

1974charger

B4 you jump on this check out craigs list listing in Boston.

a red big block Late 69 Barracuda for half the price. not numbers matching

I have been watching this for some time. Looks like a nice car to get into.

Dino

I know we all have different opinions on...everything, but selling a 69 Charger for that?  Do I need to come over there and slap you around a bit?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

I thought he was getting rid of a 3rd gen?

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on December 16, 2013, 02:50:52 PM
I thought he was getting rid of a 3rd gen?

He doesn't have one as far as I know!  He has the blue 69 which looks really really nice!

I used to confuse people here as well when my login was Doc74.  I had a 69 at the time as well and never owned a 74 either but it happened to be the year I was born.   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

myk

Blue '68 isn't it?  This place is generally a B body forum, so I'm sure it's not going to sound out of place if I say that a 2nd 'Gen Charger for ANY A body is unthinkable...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Mytur Binsdirti

I'll take one with a 340 & a/c please.

Ghoste

That changes everything, you can't think an A-body is a better find than what you have.

A383Wing

Quote from: Ghoste on December 16, 2013, 06:34:52 AM
Wow, there's no love for A-bodies on this site is there? :lol:

I have had 5 A bodys...I liked them....

Tilar

Quote from: A383Wing on December 16, 2013, 04:35:47 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 16, 2013, 06:34:52 AM
Wow, there's no love for A-bodies on this site is there? :lol:

I have had 5 A bodys...I liked them....

I've had more A-bodies than I can remember and liked them all, but they were all 71 - 74 and all Dusters.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ghoste

I've never had one but not for lack of desire.  Just never had the right money and the right car come together at the right time. :shruggy:

A383Wing

mine were 66 Darts, 67 & 68 Barracuda's.....and yea, V8 starter replacements were not fun

myk

I wonder if A body guys think the same way about trading/selling/buying for a B-body?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

A383Wing

Quote from: myk on December 16, 2013, 05:28:15 PM
I wonder if A body guys think the same way about trading/selling/buying for a B-body?

yup....most A body guys are pretty "brand or body style" loyal

Ghoste

And E-body fans too no doubt.  Thats cool though, thats why they make different styles, so everyone can find their niche.

myk

Agreed, as long as everyone remembers that we're the best!   :nana:

ws23rt

I always liked the rare or odd factory cars. If it was me some years ago I would be very tempted.  If it was a 69 440 4sp the question would be easier.

As for how the car handles? That's not a big issue with me. I would have it for the fun of it and the way it was.

I can drive my 09 srt challenger for fun big car driving :lol:

BIGBLCK11

I have actually had similar thoughts on selling the Charger to buy a 67-69 fastback Barracuda.  While, I do not like them more than a Charger, other B-bodies or even an E-body, I just think it would be nice to have something a bit smaller/lighter and one that I don't have as much money invested in.  I know a full restore wouldn't cost much less.  But, I would only do it, if I found a clean one for a reasonable price. The other cars I mentioned would cost too much for a clean one.  This one being on the rare side, would not fit the bill.  But the plan would be to have more of a driver with plenty of power.  A 440 - 4 speed would be my first choice.  But, as Cooter said, I can't imagine that combo is fun to work on.  A good running 340 would probably do fine.  The one pictured below is a great example.  It looks to be an original body, but could be an older restore, with power upgrades.  I think it looks perfect.  I would love to have both of course and many more, but that is not an option.  Although these thoughts have crossed my mind, I will be keeping the Charger.  ;)

RGA

Nice car but still not a charger. Cudas are fun, I got a 66 for my wife.

1974dodgecharger

meh I emailed the seller he said he will budge a little bit and asked if I was in the phoenix area etc...

told me how rare the 383 with 4 speed cuda is to try to convince me he wont bulge much.

A383Wing

books say only 553 made....kinda rare, but that car is needing a lot