News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The journey home

Started by Ghoste, December 15, 2013, 08:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on December 16, 2013, 03:32:13 PM
Congrats Ghoste.  :2thumbs:
Getting it home is definitely a good starting point.  Seeing it sit comfy, cosy in the garage will have you grinning from ear to ear.
I have been grinning from ear to ear since seeing this thread and it's not even my car.    :2thumbs:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Marck

Congrats on your new addition..  :cheers:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Welcome back to the club Shawn!  Now you have a new spark to get the '69 Registry running again!

Good luck with the new toy!  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Daytona R/T SE

myk

69 OUR/TEA

Congrats ghoste !!!!! :cheers: Even though I've seen the car in posts here thru the years,I can't remember,what are the stats of the car ??? R/T,colors,tranny,options ???

stripedelete

bill440rt

S-H-A-R-P Charger!!!!!  :drool5:
Looks like it found a nice new home.
Congrats and best of luck with it!  :cheers:

Might I make a humble suggestion that you may want to invest in a set of weight distribution bars for your hitch setup, they make a world of difference!  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

RECHRGD

I just love that color combo...
13.53 @ 105.32

Ghoste

Not my trailer or pickup and they actually belong to two different people but I appreciate the tip all the same Bill.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: bill440rt on December 16, 2013, 07:12:38 PM
S-H-A-R-P Charger!!!!!  :drool5:
Looks like it found a nice new home.
Congrats and best of luck with it!  :cheers:

Might I make a humble suggestion that you may want to invest in a set of weight distribution bars for your hitch setup, they make a world of difference!  :yesnod:

I noticed that to,looks like the car was a bit to far forward.

Challenger340

GREAT looking Charger Ghoste, good decision ! :2thumbs:
Only wimps wear Bowties !

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Ghoste on December 16, 2013, 09:18:59 AM
Mopar fest and Columbus for sure and right now highly likely at Carlisle. 

:drool5: Nice ride. I always liked the yellow stripe on that car.

Congratulations!   :2thumbs:   I remember that day well. I was grinning so much my face hurt for a week.  :yesnod:

Looking forward to meeting you at Carlisle this year!
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TUFCAT

When I first saw the car in person, I told Ghoste the same thing.... "I can't believe I'm saying this but I like the stripe"!

I know him well enough to say that (because I really didn't like it in pictures) but somehow it works on this car and most of you guys agree. Having said that if I ever restored the car, the yellow stripe would have to be replaced with a correct production color. But I think its a fun contrast to the typically restored examples.   

Ghoste

And I kind of felt the same way seeing it in photos but I'm content to leave it for now.

bakerhillpins

I also like the Stripe Delete emblem combined with the 70 stripe, just like SFRT's ride, but he uses white on black.

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

bakerhillpins

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 17, 2013, 08:30:18 AM
When I first saw the car in person, I told Ghoste the car was just stolen, and hid it around back behind the house.

Fixed..   :D
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Ghoste

Actually he kept threatening to steal the trailer.

tan top

yeah looks good with a yellow stripe  :coolgleamA:   , eye catching !! makes it stand out from the rest   :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ghoste on December 17, 2013, 10:54:35 AM

Actually he kept threatening to steal the trailer.

...that's a true story! :smash:

stripedelete

I had the stripe and emblem for years.  The only thing I didn't like about it were people constantly telling me it was not correct, like I was trying to get one past them.

Imo, it's an option/combo that should have happened.

Ghoste

I should get it double then for having the emblem on the stripe and having the stripe as yellow.

fy469rtse

Nah, i wouldn't give you any grief, was looking at pictures of that car a while ago, i like the combination , its also my football teams colors,
got to see one of your cars anyway now you have to post in threads , my rides , before and after , hows got the nicest rear, etc :D 

Ghoste

Haha, yes true although I probably posted more pics of the fastback 6 years ago.

1970Moparmann

Congrats on the car.   Hell of a road trip!    :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!