News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is the Colour of your Charger important to you???

Started by 500Jon, December 13, 2013, 07:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob T

My QQ1 car is black now which is how I got it. In the trunk upper panels there are patches of the blue and it looks most magnificent, along with the blue interior and stripe delete I bet it stopped people dead in their tracks 45 years ago. That said, I'm not repainting it.
I'd have to concur and say its yours so do what you like but the rarity of possibly 392 500's makes it a huge leap of faith to swim against the tide and repaint the F8 .
One of the members on here has/had a blue 500 for sale , I saw the ad quite recently, I think it was ws23rt
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

jessejames

I love that dark green on chargers! Can't go wrong with b5 either. If I could trade my T7 for F 8 I probably would.

myk

No, the condition of the body is more important; the paint is just there to protect the car from rusting...

500Jon

Wonderful answers from the Charger Folks!
Rarity demands originality and will always win out in a resto debate.
Its more acceptable with 318 grocery getters to self indulge.
I like patina, daisy mags, artwork and murals on Mopars.
They have no place on an Aero car, but changing to another original color is debatable?

Looks like F8 it is again for me(Car) :cheers:

But as we all know, unless my 500 is destroyed by a meteorite it will probably outlive me!
So one must enjoy the time with have with our cars, whatever the color LoL! :woohoo:

Thanx again for all your lovely thoughts.
Happy Christmas from 500Jon
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

Ghoste

That probably won't happen Jon as I'm quite certain the aliens that are continually observing our planet think Chargers are the greatest contribution modern humans have given transportation and with their awesome alien technology they would vaporize any meteorite set to land on your car.  In a way you could say Chargers will save the planet.

(take that you hippie freak car hating environazis)

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

RIDELIKEHELL

I have always loved silver so when I was doing the resto I was NOT keeping Green and went for a new Chrysler silver...2010 VIPER Silver  :Twocents:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

bill440rt

My thoughts are for a numbers matching car or an aero car especially, I'd go with the original color. It's ultimately your car, though.
FWIW a very good friend of mine has an F8 '69 500, green interior & white stripe. Outstanding, beautiful car. My bucket list 500 would be either white or Y2 yellow.  :drool5:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

MxRacer855

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on December 13, 2013, 07:02:30 AM
If B5 is your favorite colour, it should be a No-brainer, Get a respray  :coolgleamA:

what do you mean he wouldn't allow you to fit a date coded hemi in it??? O.o  Is he Bullying you?  :pity:

The one thing i dont understand about numbers matching restos, is why should i build a car to the same specs some other dude ordered way back whenever?, i want to build it the way i would have ordered it, Screw the Build sheet  :hack:

I have said this a million times to people. It's your car, do what makes you happy!

Jeff

500Jon

Thanx again guys!

I'm happy just owning this 500! :yesnod:

Looking forward to smoking it up the road now! :rofl:

Gonna go F8 green and a B5 vinyl wrap LoL!!! :smilielol:

500J
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

Ghoste

There you go, give yourself the best of both.  F8 is a great colour on those anyway.

FlatbackFanatic

I say paint it the color you want, you have to see it in the garage every day, so paint it a color you won't get tired of looking at.
If your going to sell it in a couple of years, then paint it original color. :Twocents:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN