News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 rear black paint pictures needed

Started by Telvis, March 06, 2006, 02:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

I need a picture of the organisol black painted area on the rear tail panel of a 68. I want to see ho far into the trunk the paint goes. If you don't have the weatherstripping that would probably help. I just want to mekw sure it all gets painted properly

Troy

On a 68 the black pretty much stays behind the chrome trim all the way around. You can usually just "connect the dots" using the trim holes. Here's a pic of one of mine but it has been repainted once.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Telvis on March 06, 2006, 02:35:36 AM
I need a picture of the organisol black painted area on the rear tail panel of a 68. I want to see ho far into the trunk the paint goes. If you don't have the weatherstripping that would probably help. I just want to mekw sure it all gets painted properly

Boy Telvis, you beat me to it! I was just thinking over the weekend that I needed to find out this info for my body shop guy too. Thanks for the post! The books I have do not really show the black out area without the trim. Thanks Troy for the pic.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Telvis

Thank a lot Troy. I took a ton of pictures before sandblasting my car but that paint line was something I overlooked. I couldnt remember if the black went up over the trunk lip or not. My paint guy called me about an hour ago. He's got the hood, fenders and valance finished. I'm going to start picking everything up tomorrow. He's going to put the car itself in later in the week so I should get it back soon...probably another three months. He says it will be about two weeks but I have leaned his estimates are way off.