News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NOTICE TO ALL MOPAR OWNERS LOOKING FOR NOS PARTS

Started by glr, December 05, 2013, 06:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glr

I wanted to post a Warning  and I guess this this would be the place to do it? If not, maybe someone could let me know..
Anyway... I needed a B & E body Circuit breaker for a 71 Charger that I am gathering parts for. I realize NOS parts sometimes are expensive but if a business has a listing for NOS parts and are priced on that listing they should charge that price. It is the business owners responsibility to make sure that there listings are up to date.
Anyway... CollectorsAutoSupply.Com  listed the circuit breaker for $38.00...but when I called they told me it was $50.00..... then  they didn't give me a total with shipping that they would e-mail me the invoice... when I got the invoice I wasn't happy... for this tiny little part that weighs 1/2 and ounce (if that) and is about the size of a Mcdonalds dipping sauce... they charged me $12.00 in shipping!!!!! ...
So BEWARE OF CollectorsAutoSupply.Com ......Buy else ware if you can....

ACUDANUT

So you want NOS part, but 12.00 is too much for shipping. Find another hobby. Just saying. :scratchchin:

glr

well..acudanut, ...I am a business owner, I have to buy parts for customers cars when asked. I look out for my customers best interest  because doing restorations is not cheep!  When a price is given from there website ..they should honer it..right? But I needed the part...so not a huge deal..they had it and I needed it...so I bought it... but to get slammed with a $12.00 shipping charge is just not right!...I ship parts to, I know what shipping costs are. It's not just the cost..it's the principle of taking advantage of people...and "acudanut" ...I am sure that you have a problem with people and businesses over charging you on anything you buy also , it doesn't matter what it is, so think about that before you post.

charger Downunder

Ive looked at parts on there site and they usually have them come up at differant prices. $12 shipping where too for me thats cheap.
[/quote]

glr

Well I am in Pa.. I shipped a pair of Satellite emblems to Washington state..which were heavier and larger than the tiny circuit  breaker that was shipped to me..and for me..the shipping to Washington state was only $4.95 and that was priority with insurance!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 05, 2013, 06:53:05 PM
So you want NOS part, but 12.00 is too much for shipping. Find another hobby. Just saying. :scratchchin:

Why is it ok to screw someone just because they want an nos part?

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Indygenerallee

$12.00 Isnt over the top.....now if it were $22.00 may be different...
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Baldwinvette77

no offense meant but i've spent 3000$ on just shipping parts from the US to canada and another 13% tax on everything i paid ... in 10 months... Be thankful  :rotz:

bill440rt

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 05, 2013, 08:08:19 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 05, 2013, 06:53:05 PM

Why is it ok to screw someone just because they want an nos part?

Exactly.
Post office would have been the cheapest. Shipping on that should have been $3 bucks or so, could have gone USPS First Class Parcel.
Max, a Priority Flat Rate small box is $5.80 now.

But, some businesses use FedEx or UPS that may not utilize a pricing structure like that, so their "minimum" might be $12 bucks to ship a package. Crazy.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

glr

I don't know what people are thinking...  I don't know anyone who has money coming out of there ears or has a money tree... It is costly to restore cars just like anything other hobby or just normal purchases on the products we all by all the time. Everyone that I have ever met or that I know personally wants to be treated fairly..not robbed

Indygenerallee

I shipped a 69 Charger hood turn signal light the other day in a envelope and it cost me $6.00 and it went 2 states away......
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: glr on December 05, 2013, 08:16:55 PM
I don't know what people are thinking...  I don't know anyone who has money coming out of there ears or has a money tree... It is costly to restore cars just like anything other hobby or just normal purchases on the products we all by all the time. Everyone that I have ever met or that I know personally wants to be treated fairly..not robbed

we all want to be treated fairly... but it wont always happen, also just food for thought , it costs more to ship something canada to canada, than it does to ship from canada to the states (in alot of cases), That doesnt even make sense, but we don't really have much choice, and i cant imagine what its like for the Australian and European members  :'(

glr

Quote from: Indygenerallee on December 05, 2013, 08:12:23 PM
$12.00 Isnt over the top.....now if it were $22.00 may be different...

Well ....Indygenerallee... if you total what the charge was over what they have listed on there web site and the shipping..it was $24.00 over!

nvrbdn

i have dealt with many people in restoring my charger and had to pay all kinds of shipping charges. some rather expensive, and some where i wondered if they were actually covering the price of the charge.  i think the real problem is not having the price up front so you can add it in to the price of the part. i have purchased some parts where the person was charging twice the amount of another dealer. but the price was up front so i could see it. then i can accept it or move on.  thats the way it should be. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

I would have asked the seller what shipping was going to be...then make a decision from there. Bitching about it when it's clearly the buyers fault is not going to get any satisfaction

glr

The sales person I spoke with told me that he didn't know what the shipping cost would be but when they shipped the part out..he would e-mail me the invoice with the total. I have never had anyone do that to me before and maybe I should have pushed the issue with knowing the total cost , but I didn't think I was going to get charged that much for shipping.

ws23rt

Shipping cost are all over the place and a buyer may not always have the choice. But they are able to ask the question. :shruggy:

When ever I hear someone complain about the cost of a part vs the shipping cost it makes me smile.  They are two separate issues :slap:

If I had a rusty fender that was worth 10 bucks and it cost a hundred to ship it am I a scammer to charge $110?

I recall a giant lathe for sale. It was a monster---could handle 50 tons---great shape runs like new---   Free you pick up----No takers it went to a scrapper that cut it up in place for the value of the steel.

twodko

Hind sight is 20/20. This has clearly been an unpleasant transaction for you. As a businessman this is a 'heads-up" call for future business dealings. Verify total pricing before you commit to anything. If it doesn't sound right, it's not. If it's too expensive, pass on it.
Don't give yourself a coronary over this. It's a part, it's the affliction we suffer and the price we pay. Most if the time we're the windshield......sometimes we're the bug. Good evening to you Mr. bug! We've all been here. Give yourself a break.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

ws23rt

Quote from: twodko on December 05, 2013, 09:20:25 PM
Hind sight is 20/20. This has clearly been an unpleasant transaction for you. As a businessman this is a 'heads-up" call for future business dealings. Verify total pricing before you commit to anything. If it doesn't sound right, it's not. If it's too expensive, pass on it.
Don't give yourself a coronary over this. It's a part, it's the affliction we suffer and the price we pay. Most if the time we're the windshield......sometimes we're the bug. Good evening to you Mr. bug! We've all been here. Give yourself a break.

:2thumbs:  well done

1974dodgecharger

I bet your gut instinct at the time was to not buy it since 1. They quoted you another price than listed and 2. Did not give u a shipping quote. 

Your gut was right as with all of us......

glr

Yea.. if I didn't need it ...I wouldn't have bought it.  It was a learning experience for me... but if I can tell other mopar guys about how they do business...then maybe that will help other Mopar enthusiasts to look some place else for there parts.

A383Wing

so...did you pay the $38.00 plus shipping, or did you pay the $50.00 plus shipping

and how did you pay him for this part?

glr

Web site said it was $38.00... but the sales person told me $50.00..I told him that it said it was $38.00 on the web site..and his reply was, yea the web site was wrong....
So...I paid $50.00 for the part...which was $12.00 over the on line price on there web site..then I asked for the total and he said he would send me an invoice with shipping that's when I found out that they charged me $12.00 for shipping

A383Wing

well, I really don't see a problem here...at least not with the seller

you agreed to pay the $50.00, you paid for item I'm guessing with credit card or some sort of online payment option without getting total price from seller....seems to me you are at fault, not him

glr

I agreed to the $50.00 price mark up...because I needed the part but charging me $12.00 for shipping is highway robbery..when the cost should have been at least half of that.