News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I finally bought my dream car

Started by Firetodd, December 03, 2013, 11:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetodd

I am new to the Forum. I previously owned a 1965 Barracuda that I restored with my father while in high school. Well life happened and 20 years later, I am finally back into the Mopar World. I purchased a 1967 Charger factory 383 4bbl with the automatic. I've spent the last month reading the forum and gleaming a lot of great info. My car is not perfect, but I am excited.

The car has had some previous restoration work done on her, but she still is mostly original, with the factory drive train.

Firetodd

I am trying to post pictures, but I keep getting an error that my pictures are too big. I'll work on getting the pictures posted.

69charger2002

Congrats on getting a charger. If you need help posting the pics i could help you through my photobucket account or something if needed. they have to be under 200 kb
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

RGA

Congrats on the charger. I have an extra 67 parts car so let me know if you need anything for it.

JB400

myk

Quote from: Firetodd on December 03, 2013, 11:23:20 PM
I am trying to post pictures, but I keep getting an error that my pictures are too big. I'll work on getting the pictures posted.

Try photobucket, it's free and easy.  Looking forward to seeing your car...

Firetodd

Firetodd

Firetodd

Firetodd

Finn

Wow looks great! Nice shop too :drool5: Congrats!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Firetodd

Not my shop (I wish). I have already used info found on this forum to adjust the timing and tune the edelbrock 1406 carb. I had to change out the jets and metering rods to get it running in the Colorado altitude. I then used info from users to adjust the kick down linkage. She runs nice.

myk

Firetodd

I am a real novice and love this forum! My car is not perfect, but she looks good and is fun to drive. My first change will be to work on the rear end. Someone changed out the factory 3.23 rear end to a 2.76 ratio. I need to get that fixed so I can light up the rear tires!

Fred

Very very nice but the best part of all is that you're excited. Nothing can beat that. Way to go.   :2thumbs:    :cheers:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Firetodd on December 04, 2013, 12:32:14 AM
My car is not perfect, but she looks good and is fun to drive.
Looks perfect to me!   :drool5:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

polywideblock

very nice  :cheers:     

there's nothing like that "new" car smile    ,has your face started to ache yet   ?   it will ,  its been 12 months now and I still get the stupid smile every time I go near it    :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

67440chrg

Congrats your car looks great I have 355:1 gears in mine and can still run down the highway and has good power from stop. Enjoy it dont rub too much paint off polishing it. Fast backs have a lot of style.

ODZKing

Welcome from another first gen owner. It is a fun car to drive, you'll enjoy it!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

projectanimal

Beautiful car!   :2thumbs:
Welcome aboard the Charger train!!     :cheers:
northwest CT

41husk

Got it from Fast lane in St Charles.  I have seen the car in person.  Very nice, congrats and welcome!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

chargerboy69

Very nice Charger. . . great find.  :2thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

72Charger-SE

Very nice car!!   Good for you to get your Dream Car!!   Welcome to the site!  Everyone here has been a tremendous help for me and I'm sure they will be the same for you.

GOD Bless!

nvrbdn

welcome to the party firetodd. glad to see you found your dream. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House