News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fast and Furious Star Paul Walker (all around car guy) Dies in Porsche Accident

Started by TUFCAT, November 30, 2013, 11:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

myk

I always thought the cast had good chemistry on set; I can only guess that this may have carried off-screen as well...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

bull

Quote from: myk on December 01, 2013, 10:21:25 PM
Not to belittle or trivialize what happened, but if they could finish "The Crow" with Brandon Lee dying during filming of that movie, I'm assuming/hoping Fast '7 will be equally salvageable.  Then again, like you said it all depends on how far the filming was; I was under the impression that they had already finished but I guess not...

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on December 01, 2013, 10:26:48 PM
i read on several sites that the ending will be tweaked to pay tribute to walker, im not sure what that means....but... hopefully not a cash in

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/what-happens-to--fast---furious-7--following-paul-walker-s-death-222945491.html

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on December 01, 2013, 10:57:19 PM
Quote from: chargerman69 on December 01, 2013, 01:18:15 AM
So sad, big tragic for his family and friends. His F&F crew most be taken this the hardest

Tyrese was crying.  Kind of sad, really

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/01/tyrese-paul-walker-crash-site-crying/

After seeing that, i actually wont be surprised if the movie is canned, Mostly because i would imagine the crew would be too depressed to continue,

i knew a guy who abandoned a restoration project that started as a father-son thing, but his dad died in hospital unrelated to the car, but he didn't want to even touch it afterwards  :rotz:

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

C_stripes

I am sure there will be a break for a little bit, but from what I understand, the film is already over half done. I feel for everyone involved. It is a sad deal.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

JB400

My guess is that they'll redo the vocals in one scene which they'll make him quit the team and leave.  Afterwards, they'll just introduce a new character to fill the void.  It wouldn't be that hard for a sound tech and an animator to make someone say something different from what they said originally.

Mike DC

They'll finish the movie, I have no doubt of that.  

CGI & body doubles could easily have Paul Walker still appearing in scenes for the rest of the movie.  Standing around, driving a car, etc.  The difficulty will be getting him to do specific things like talking or dramatic acting.

Whatever happens  . . . this will probably be an unprecedented effort to fabricate a missing actor.  There is so much money & franchise riding on this, they will unexpectedly need so much footage, and the CGI tools are more advanced than ever.  

TUFCAT

Now they're saying the Porsche had a mechanical failure (steering control loss due to a fluid leak).  

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/02/paul-walker-roger-rodas-deadly-accident-porsche-malfunction-fluid-leak/

The exotic sports car in which Paul Walker violently died, crashed as a result of mechanical failure -- very possibly a steering fluid leak ... this according to sources closely tied to the auto shop where the vehicle was stored and maintained. 

Sources connected to Always Evolving -- the shop co-owned by Walker and the Porsche driver Roger Rodas -- tell TMZ they saw evidence of a fluid burst and subsequent fluid trail before the skid marks at the accident scene.

The AE sources point to the fact there is a noticeable absence of skid marks until just before the point of impact. They say if Roger had lost control the skid marks would show swerving, but instead the marks were in a straight line. They feel this cements the theory the driver didn't have steering control.

Also suspicious -- the fire spreading so quickly in the front of the car. The sources say flames would be expected in the rear where the engine is ... but fire in the front reinforces their theory of a fluid leak of some sort.

We're told the $500,000 Carrera GT was NOT modified and was driven rarely so they believe any failure must be a factory defect.

As one source put it ... "Roger was a world class driver" -- and while he might have been speeding (as cops have said) ... the notion he just lost control is preposterous.

wingcar

Bottomline is speed can and will kill, and the street is not the place for high speed.  Even the best race car drivers have been killed driving in "controlled" environments.  Just look at the names of race car drivers that were "world class" and still died...Dale Earnhardt, Mark Donahue, to name but only a couple.   He (Roger) may not have lost control of the car....but apparently he did lost control of his emotions and common sense if only for a few seconds...and a few seconds is all it took.... Speed is not something to be taken lightly which is why all the "stunt" driving done on the F&F movies are well planned in advanced, and done in a controlled environment.  Most of us have engaged in some sort of "speed contest" on public roads in our past and gotten away with it.  We (myself included) were dumb, but luckily we survived our Walter Mitty race car driver moment...and have hopefully learned better.  Having a high performance car doesn't automatically mean you are a better driver...only that your car can bring you to disaster faster....

Hopefully Paul's death will make someone think twice before doing something that will affect not only themselves, but others as well.

Rest in peace Paul, we will miss you......         
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

bill440rt

Very sad, tragic news.  :'(   Horrible way to go, seeing those pictures. I too, heard about possible mechanical failure on the news yesterday.
So young, & now a child left behind. Sad, sad indeed.
RIP Paul.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

C_stripes

It really is a sad deal. I wonder if Porsche will send someone to investigate. Looking at the photos, I was surprised that the car burned that fast. I really hope that they both were gone before the flames, or at least unconscious. That would be such a horrid death. I hope his family and friends will feel comfort during this time.

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

BB1

Honestly what are the odds that someone can die in a charity event and when was the last time someone died because of a power steering leak.

Make the case in either regards, but who is in charge of the maintenance of the vehicle one with outrageous power to weight ratio. If you don't know how to drive a tricky car, you will get in trouble.
This has human factor written all over it, that is what I see with the evidence in front of me.

A celebrity death just heightens the blame. It was an unfortunate accident to a well loved actor.

Rip To Paul Walker you will be missed.
Delete my profile

projectanimal

Very Sad indeed... :'(  I really liked him as an actor, and not just for F&F.  I happened to catch one of his earlier movies last week where he was a scuba diver, treasure hunter... good movie!  It is a tragic ending to what seemed to be an all around great guy.   it is unfortunate that people want more answers than just accepting it was a horrible accident, if it was a random millionaire playboy the news would already be over....
He will be missed by many and shameful to leave family behind at such a young age.   
I'm sure F&F will continue and with an even larger following. 
northwest CT

Mike DC

QuoteIt really is a sad deal. I wonder if Porsche will send someone to investigate. Looking at the photos, I was surprised that the car burned that fast. I really hope that they both were gone before the flames, or at least unconscious. That would be such a horrid death. I hope his family and friends will feel comfort during this time.

I doubt either one of them survived the initial crash. 

The completely shredded car would allow the flames & smoke to go upwards instead of staying inside the cabin. 

The news reported people on the scene recognizing the actor on sight, which suggests Walker's face was intact and not badly burned.

bull

Quote from: wingcar on December 02, 2013, 10:06:37 AM
Bottomline is speed can and will kill, and the street is not the place for high speed. 

TUFCAT

Quote from: wingcar on December 02, 2013, 10:06:37 AM
Bottomline is speed can and will kill, and the street is not the place for high speed.  Even the best race car drivers have been killed driving in "controlled" environments.  Just look at the names of race car drivers that were "world class" and still died...Dale Earnhardt, Mark Donahue, to name but only a couple.   He (Roger) may not have lost control of the car....but apparently he did lost control of his emotions and common sense if only for a few seconds...and a few seconds is all it took.... Speed is not something to be taken lightly which is why all the "stunt" driving done on the F&F movies are well planned in advanced, and done in a controlled environment.  Most of us have engaged in some sort of "speed contest" on public roads in our past and gotten away with it.  We (myself included) were dumb, but luckily we survived our Walter Mitty race car driver moment...and have hopefully learned better.  Having a high performance car doesn't automatically mean you are a better driver...only that your car can bring you to disaster faster....

Hopefully Paul's death will make someone think twice before doing something that will affect not only themselves, but others as well.

Rest in peace Paul, we will miss you......         

:iagree:

You hit the nail on the head Wingcar.  This sad news is just another constant reminder for us not to show off on the street.  The Paul Walker tragedy didn't have to happen.  He will be missed.  :'(

Indygenerallee

That's all a guy could ask for (or myself) to be knocked unconscious then pass from smoke inhalation.... be a lot better than being conscious and suffering... It's amazing the response he has garnered all over the car community... I made fun of the original F&F too many times when it came out. I will never forget his character walking into that speed shop and saying "I NEED MORE NAWS!!!!" He is a guy I could seriously see anybody chatting up and he would to them, he never seemed stuck up or better than.... R.I.P. Paul...
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

myk

Indygenerallee

How many cars do you need to own when your as busy as he would have been in a given year!???
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

myk

Quote from: Indygenerallee on December 03, 2013, 01:14:53 AM
How many cars do you need to own when your as busy as he would have been in a given year!???

If I had the money and the space, my collection would rival Leno's and then some; I would drive a different car every day of the year.  Rich, affluent people lead different lives and schedules that we can only dream of, my friend...

myk

Wow.  Just, wow.  I'm ashamed to say that if I had Walker's resources I'm not sure I would have been so generous...