News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear axle distribution block

Started by Hard Charger, November 25, 2013, 06:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hard Charger

I am having trouble finding a new rear axle distribution block that mounts on the axle.  Can anyone help with the name of a supplier?

Moparparts

What year and what size rear? Some have it built right into the hose. Let me know i have some nice used ones available with the bolt if interested

Lord Warlock

I think what you're referring to is what inlinetube is talking about [1966-69 B-Body 8 3/4 Rear Hose (Needs tee MTEE03)]  when they mention tee MTEE03.  I haven't found the MTEE03 on their site yet, can't find a search feature, i'm sure its there somewhere.  The rear hose comes off the main line from the front and attaches to the rear axle where the two tubes branch out to either hub.  I refuse to cut that line off until i can locate the hose and MTEE03.  

http://inlinetube.com/Preformed%20Lines/Web%20Line%20Listings/DB-CAT-03.htm

Just ordered the hose and TEE myself, along with a couple distribution blocks for the brake system on my 69.  So we'll see what they come up with. 
LW
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Hard Charger

it is the block that has the vent going down the center.

I am sure my block will clean up ok but if it was short money I would buy a new one.

Warlock

let me know what you come up with in-line tubing.

Lord Warlock

MTEE03 - Mopar Rear Hose Tee, Each - 1967-69 8 3/4
A-body, 1966-4969 8 3/4 B-body, and 1959-1964 and
1965-1969 C-body.

This is the piece i ordered from inline tube, i'll let you know when it arrives if its the right piece.  Its the piece that the hose attaches to the axle with, price was 14.00 which seems a little cheap considering what they charge for the other distribution blocks, which i also ordered. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

green69rt

If you call DR Diff they might sell you the block separately??

http://www.doctordiff.com/brakes/rear/

ACUDANUT

It's not a rear axle distribution block( no such thing), it's a rear brake distribution valve.  :cheers:

Lord Warlock

The part i mentioned above at inline tube is the correct block to use on the rear axle.  Brake line attaches to center and each side goes to each rear wheel.  and has a hole for the bolt or whatever it is to attach to the axle.   Looks like the one on the car as far as i can tell.  I'll probably attempt to remove mine this weekend now that i have the replacements. 

Hard Charger

Warlock

you identified the part right. I got the axle out of the car and disassembled and trying to clean and paint everything.

I removed My lines from the block tonight so I bet I can clean it up good. I wasn't sure how it was going to look. The bleeder and lines from the wheel cylinders even loosened up nice.

My Charger was from OK so all the bolts and lines have come off nicely during the resto. nothing was frozen.

might not need to buy a new "axle distribution block" after all.

green69rt

I just soaked mine in degreaser for about a week then spent a little time with a kitchen pot scrubber pad.  Came out good for something going under the car.

Lord Warlock

They seem to clean up ok, but just don't know if i can trust 40 year old hardware to be very efficient after all these years.  Thats why i ordered a replacement for all the distribution/valves blocks.  And all new brake lines for all 4 wheels.  Even have a replacement disc system for the front if I choose to use it,  thinking i'll try to stick with the stockers for now, have rebuilt calipers on  now but can't get the pads in over the rotors yet.  Not sure how to fix that yet.  Will worry about it after i get the other stuff done. 

bull

Lord Warlock

I saved the breather bolt on mine, looked a little strange but now i know why it spins on the top.  Got a new block, may run the rear axle lines this weekend, cut off the old ones yesterday.  Would like to clean the differential cover before installing the lines, but that may have to wait till i can pull it out, jack it up and pressure wash it off. 

Hard Charger

Bull

if I saw those auctions on ebay I would have bought the breather and the block at those prices. might in a week or so.

I just finished putting the axle back together, I just need to get the drums turned (if they can be) and it is complete.

I will post some pictures at some point.