News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Australian members

Started by fy469rtse, November 19, 2013, 05:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TPR

Ok, first things first, welcome aboard Scott. Somehow I missed your introductory posts from last August. You must be the newest Aussie member on board.

Phil, I've never really collected pics of 1st and 3rd Gens in Oz as I've only ever seen one 1st Gen in real life and I can't find the picture I took of it ( it was about ten years ago, it was for sale and it was mauve in colour.) When it comes to 3rd Gens, I've only ever seen about four in real life. It's funny how these generations seem to be rarer than 2nds over here. Perhaps I will start adding these to my list and even expand it to include NZ cars too. The NZ folks on this board are a good bunch of blokes, as I'm sure you know.

Geoff, I would appreciate those pictures of your other cars. How the hell have you managed to collect five of them? You must have a barn out the back? I've known a couple of guys with two, but five is quite an achievement. Also it would be great if you could keep encouraging your friends to join the board. The more the merrier.

Fred, I will upload a bigger image with more detail shortly. What you are looking at is a screenshot of files on my computer, so I will need to work out how to upload a bigger image without exceeding the 200kb size limit. Perhaps I will just convert it to a .PDF and you can PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you. As far as Tassie goes, I'm not sure, but you never know.

Andrew, when I upload a better pic, perhaps you can give me more info about the cars you know of and if I've missed anyone off the list that you know of. Also, I've just signed up to hemi6pack.com where I know you are active, to try to find out who else is a Charger owner on that board. I gotta say, those pics of your Nullarbor trip are freaking awesome. I hope to do something similar one day.

Phil and Steve, do you know if we are the only NSW Charger owners on this board? There seems to be more members from other parts of Oz rather than here.

In regards to my list, I have just updated it with your info Geoff and I will continue to do so as more information comes in. There may be duplicates of some vehicles here as I'm still sorting them out. It's a little tricky when owners, license plates and exterior details change over the years.

I am trying not to disclose too much information about the identity or location of these owners as I don't want to piss anyone off, so that's why some info will be blacked out if I distribute a proper list. This will be despite almost all of these images already being in the public domain from car show and car sales websites etc.
Anyway folks, Charge On.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

polywideblock

hi tim,
           there is a light green metallic 71 r/t clone up this way but haven't seen it personally  only been told about it
    I think another member is up on the north coast/coffs way (guywantscharger)
        only other 71 rt's s i'v been told about are one in vic(have a pics and owners name b5 with black vinyl top ) and another in wa( orange 6pac )  seems 3rd gen just hasn't caught on here yet  :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

69 ROCKET

Im on the Gold Coast Qld and have a 69

Fred

Tim, if you log onto (or just check out the websites below) the 60's American Muscle Club here in Vic, you'll find many more chargers.

The All American Muscle car Show is probably the second largest car show here in Vic after Chryslers on the Murray.

http://www.60samcc.com/Flemington13/index.html

http://www.60samcc.com/COTM13/index.html

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

bbody68

Hi , i'm on the Gold Coast and have a 68. Here is a photo with my son at the wheel on his L plates.
Cheers Brad.

Fred

Well you've trumped the P plates.  :lol:  Is he learning in a LHD? or have you converted?

Welcome aboard Brad.

bbody68

Hi Fred
         The car is LHD, he has only had a couple of drives as dad has enough grey hair as it is! He is not that keen on the steering and drum brakes anyway as he mainly drives his mums cruze.
Cheers
Brad

polywideblock

like fred said welcome  to the site   :cheers: 

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Fred

Quote from: bbody68 on November 22, 2013, 10:45:49 PM
Hi Fred
         The car is LHD, he has only had a couple of drives as dad has enough grey hair as it is! He is not that keen on the steering and drum brakes anyway as he mainly drives his mums cruze.
Cheers
Brad

I can well believe it Brad. (the bit about the grey hair that is) And I think you're right, young kids today are growing up with much more comfort and technology so I can understand that he'd prefer to drive the cruise.

bbody68

By the way, he didn't roll the car! I managed to post the photo upside down, maybe I should have got my son to post it!
Brad

charger Downunder

There is a couple of Sydney members on the 70 charger registry, don't know if there here.
Back in the 80's when cars had to be right hand drive i remember having known a list of aprox 20 right hand 68-70 Chargers in Sydney.
Who knows where they all are now.
[/quote]

Bob T

Gidday Brad and welcome. Lots of cool pics and Charger info on here, great site.

I'm east of you guys though,  ;) but I've had a few Valiants 6packed and 2bbls  and Holdens along the way before I got my first left hooker . And I go to dawn parades'  :cheers:

Hey TPR , good plan! Man that'd take some time to compile. We have a local site here and a few Aussies are on it too, the registry has just passed the 900 car mark.
We do a meet up once a year for a weekend cruise, bbqs and few beers and people come from all around the place. It was only s couple of weeks ago too, I have been meaning to put some photos up .

The site is nzmoparforum.co.nz if you want to take a look....
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

TPR

Quote from: charger Downunder on November 23, 2013, 02:31:28 AM
There is a couple of Sydney members on the 70 charger registry, don't know if there here.
Back in the 80's when cars had to be right hand drive i remember having known a list of aprox 20 right hand 68-70 Chargers in Sydney.

Hey Steve, I was following up your suggestion and found this thread. Is this guy looking for you?

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?PHPSESSID=f95b6a17d1ac5f2909056f824bed6645&topic=2484.0

TPR

Scratch that, looks like he found you.
www.tr440.com

sneezi

Hey guys
  Im in sydney and own 3 chargers
69 r/t almost finished the resto
69 project car
68 project car
My brother has 2 70 chargers, 1 is registered and the other could be but he chooses not to.
I have a few friends in sydney with project chargers.
Also a friend who owned 2 68 chargers, both registered, 1 red with 383 blown, 1 blue r/t.
Then there is my friends 68 with huge dollars spent on it, candy puple/black with 24 in billet wheels, blown Hemi.
Im sure i know of more just cant think at the moment

charger Downunder

Quote from: TPR on November 23, 2013, 04:39:55 AM
Quote from: charger Downunder on November 23, 2013, 02:31:28 AM

Hey Steve, I was following up your suggestion and found this thread. Is this guy looking for you?

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?PHPSESSID=f95b6a17d1ac5f2909056f824bed6645&topic=2484.0

TPR

Scratch that, looks like he found you.

yep thats me
[/quote]

TPR

Thanks Phil, I have added you and all those 71's you've mentioned to the list.

Rocket, that's a solid looking '69 you have. Gotta love black Chargers with whitewalls.

Fred, I went through those COTM images and noticed a few that I had previously missed. Also, I was not aware of the show at Flemington so thanks for the link.

Brad, you must have a lot of faith in your son to let him behind the wheel. Good on you. If he can learn to drive a LHD V8, he'll be able to handle anything. Good idea to start him off in an empty car park though! Keep posting those pics.

Steve, since your suggestion, I've been fishing around in the 1970 registry and spotted the '70 from Umina Beach. I'll keep on looking for more.

Kelvin, this is proving to be quite a task. I have listed you as an honorary member and may in due course try to include as many Zealanders as possible. Thanks for the link, I will go through the site and start collecting pics.

Sneezi, we'd love to see some pics of you and your brothers cars. Do you ever go to any of the shows around Sydney? I now own that Blue R/T that used to be Troy's. In fact I think he may have even given me your number.

So that makes it 155 Chargers in Oz so far.

TPR

www.tr440.com

sneezi

TPR
Ahh ok you own his old 68 r/t, nice car.
I will see if i can get photos of my brothers cars, my 2 project cars are buried under boxes, i may be selling 1 of them soon (69), too many cars lol
may be able to get a pic of my r/t.
That figure you have you can easily double it, i cant make out all the pics you have but looks like a lot are missing.
There is easily 20 general lee"s around the country, including a couple of genuine ones.

Fred

Quote from: TPR on November 23, 2013, 07:14:03 AM

Fred, I went through those COTM images and noticed a few that I had previously missed. Also, I was not aware of the show at Flemington so thanks for the link.

:2thumbs:

fy469rtse

:slap:Fred thought you might have come down to the muscle car club show in ring wood today , 4 more 68 's there tpr for list , trple geen big block, 2 black 68 , I r4 I think red 318 car, if you get on the muscle car club web site the photos will be up in a few days , some 70's in the club too TPR

Fred

What! take the car out in the rain?  :icon_smile_big:  

What was the weather like down there?  it's wet up here.

fy469rtse

We would all pitched in to help you dry it off,  :icon_smile_big:

JB400

Quote from: Fred on November 23, 2013, 09:57:46 PM
What! take the car out in the rain?  :icon_smile_big: 

It's just a sprinkle.

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 24, 2013, 01:41:44 AM
Quote from: Fred on November 23, 2013, 09:57:46 PM
What! take the car out in the rain?  :icon_smile_big: 

It's just a sprinkle.

Sprinkle's can become downpours.  :yesnod:

Fred

Quote from: fy469rtse on November 24, 2013, 01:39:41 AM
We would all pitched in to help you dry it off,  :icon_smile_big:

What about me? there's nowhere to take shelter down there.
I was there last year and the year before and the year before, just wasn't in the mood for it this year. Besides, I didn't know you'd be there. lol.

TPR

You're probably right Mick. I have just remembered another Aussie, who is a member on this board, that owns/has owned at least one real Lee and one replica Lee.
I had a photo (not digital) of his replica from the late '90's, I must try and find it. I never saw his real Lee.
I am unsure what the status of his ownership is at the moment. I'll have to dredge through the board to find out, as he hasn't posted in this thread.
So far I have ten Generals on the list, but I'll add these two more.

By the way, can anyone shed any light on these two cars (in the background) from the "Gasolene USA v Aust Expo Royal Exhibition Buildings July 12 to 14 - 2013," VIC I presume:
One looks like yours Fred, but you don't have white interior do you?
Cheers,

TPR
www.tr440.com