News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

EBC yellow stuff brake pads

Started by Paul G, November 10, 2013, 05:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

I had a hose going to the tranny cooler crack. Had tranny fluid all over everything under the car, even the brake caliper and pads on that side. I cleaned the fluid off the pads with brake cleaner and sanded them down, but they are not right. Brakes pull and make noise now.

looking for new pads. Napa, Oreilly, and others have cheap pads. Summit has many choices like Bendix, Hawk, Raybestos, EBC, and SSBC. These are starting at $35 and up.

Looked in to EBC since they advertise a lot on the "car programs". They are pricey, $120 for a set of front pads. Anyone using them? Are they worth the extra bucks? I am not to happy with the pads that are on there. They are probably just cheap replacement pads.

Bringing the car back down from 100+MPH is adequate at best. If the EBC, or another high quality pad will improve the braking I would consider spending the extra bucks. Hawk and SSBC are in the $60 to $70 range.

What are you using?

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#