News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Raptor Liner for undercoating

Started by sanders7981, November 04, 2013, 08:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanders7981

Just like the title says... I bought a tintable Raptor liner kit to paint the underside of the charger.  I plan rolling/brushing it on.  I plan to also coat the inside of the trunk too.  I will post pics and feedback when I am done... Maybe this weekend before I get to it though. 

tsmithae

:popcrn:

I have been seriously considering this myself and am VERY curious to hear about you experience. 
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

CDN72SE

Also interested, thanks for posting about this topic.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

WHITE AND RED 69

Next car I do will have Rapter Liner for the under coat. From what I have seen it looks great. Can't wait to hear how it goes   :popcrn:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

green69rt

Quote from: sanders7981 on November 04, 2013, 08:50:54 PM
Just like the title says... I bought a tintable Raptor liner kit to paint the underside of the charger.  I plan rolling/brushing it on.  I plan to also coat the inside of the trunk too.  I will post pics and feedback when I am done... Maybe this weekend before I get to it though. 

Plan to paint over the liner??

tsmithae

Raptor liner is tintable, you use some of your exact paint to tint it to the same color as the rest of your car.

sanders7981

Quote from: tsmithae on November 05, 2013, 09:42:39 PM
Raptor liner is tintable, you use some of your exact paint to tint it to the same color as the rest of your car.

Exactly...  I saw a buddy paint his hardtop for a jeep wrangler with a similar product that was tintable.  Seeing his results made me decide on the raptor liner. 

green69rt

Charger-Bodie

Sem has a tintable one, but its a thick tranlusent product so the color match is very milky.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

tsmithae

sanders7981

With the extended time off for Veterans Day and the. Marine Corps Birthday/Ball, I was able to get some work done on this.  The kit comes with a container of activator and four bottles of liner.  I applied two coats to the underside floor pans and one coat to the underside trunk pan using two bottles.  I will go back over the trunk pan again and then hit all the small areas that the. Roller couldn't reach.  I am pleased with the results so far.  It's not going to be as think as a bed liner, you would probably need two kits for that, but it will provide added protection and overall uniformity to the underside.  I will snap some pics of the finished results when finished. 

tsmithae

sanders7981

Pics.... As much as I wish I could cover every small detail, there were just some places that a roller and brush couldn't reach.  However, I am very satisfied with the finished results.  While not a "thick" of a coat, it is covered and looks good.  Here are pics of the rail, underside and trunk.  I probably could have touched up a few spots instead of doing the trunk, but what the hell.  I figure that between the primer and liner it will hold up.   I used my ipad to take the pics, and couldn't get a good shot of the underside to post, but you get the idea based on these... I would recommend getting two kits if you want to do the trunk and bottom, or if you want to add additional protection to the bottom.  

Rear wheel well with 3m rubberized coat and Raptor Liner coated rail

Trunk. 

Trunk close up.

JB400

WHITE AND RED 69

Looks real good! I like that it's not as thick as a lot of other products out there. Looks smooth but has that added protection that paint alone won't give. Definitely will try this out in the future. Thanks for posting the results.  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

green69rt