News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Drag Pak Challenger in the works

Started by hotrod98, October 29, 2013, 10:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

I've been trying to locate a good deal on a Drag Pak 5.7 car to run in the 7.0 class at our local drag strip. Finally found one in Ohio. I had it shipped to a location near us in an enclosed trailer and then made the short trip to my shop with it on my open trailer. The windshield and back glass are only held in by about four small drops of silicone so that they can be removed to install the cage.
We have a little work ahead of us. Moly roll cage, rear end and suspension, headers, electronics, fuel system and a few other assorted items. Hope to be ready to race by spring.  We're doing everything in-house. I have a friend that is a chassis builder and he's going to do the cage and suspension in my shop. I have a nice Miller tig and pretty much everything he needs. I haven't built a cage in many years and I want this car to be right. We plan to race in stock class in NHRA. Not sure my work would pass certification. Not taking any chances.
I recently sold my 64 Dodge 330 racecar, my 70 roadrunner and my 70 Barracuda GC and I gave my wife's Cuda to my daughter. I need to sell a few others. Too many cars taking up too much space.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

New Hemi or old school Hemi ? Took a while but late Hemis are showing up at my friends machine shop with valve issues , three in the last year alone kicked rods out and they were daily drivers .

hotrod98

Late hemi.
We use scat cranks and rods and ross pistons. We don't use much of the stock components other than the block and heads which are ported. Right now I have three race engines...two 5.7's and a 6.4.  Once you change out the oil pumps and use a good filter, the oiling problems go away. I'm going to change that stuff out on my 5.7 street car as well to make sure it has a long life. There are guys running the heck out of these engines and they're lasting all season without freshening. I won't be racing that much so I should get some good life out of my parts. I'll run a the heads up 7.0 class in the 1/8th mile at our local track mostly.
My street car looks almost identical to my drag car. I'm anxious to get a pic of both cars sitting side by side.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemigeno

Budnicks

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 29, 2013, 10:16:04 PM
Not right at the moment..lol
We have a little work ahead of us. Moly roll cage, rear end and suspension, headers, electronics, fuel system and a few other assorted items. Hope to be ready to race by spring.  We're doing everything in-house. I have a fiend that is a chassis builder and he's going to do the cage and suspension in my shop. I have a nice Miller tig and pretty much everything he needs. I haven't built a cage in many years and I want this car to be right. We plan to race in stock class in NHRA. Not sure my work would pass certification. Not taking any chances.
I recently sold my 64 Dodge 330 racecar and my 70 Barracuda GC and I gave my wife's Cuda to my daughter. I need to sell a few others. Too many cars taking up too much space.
:cheers: Very cool I'm truly jealous  :brickwall: some day maybe
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks