News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

question on metal 4- speed pistol grips

Started by troy.70R/T, November 02, 2013, 05:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

I picked up a custom set of 4-speed pistol grip shifter handles at a swap meet about 20 years ago. I have always wanted to drill and tap them and polish them but have never got around to it. well anyway I had them in a box and forgot all about them until I was doing some cleaning and came across them. the Copper/ Bronze ones are very heavy and the Aluminum ones are light. I have an two sets of the Bronze ones and one set of Aluminum. Does anyone know if anyone makes these or were these some custom work someone did years ago?
      I would also like to know what you guys think they are worth because I might sell the other Bronze set.

troy.70R/T

Dino

Polish those puppies!  We want to see them shine.   :icon_smile_big:

No clue on value, but I'll bet you a wallet or two will open up once they look like new.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JB400

I'm sure the aluminum one would look good polished up.  The brass one looks good with the patina though.  If someone was to install one though, they'd probably have to wear driving gloves in the summer.  I'm sure those wouldn't be cool to the touch.

AKcharger

Hmmmmmm I think it would still end up looking "home made"

troy.70R/T

well you cant see it in the pics but you can actually see the wood grain in the handles as well. I plan to work on them this winter.