News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who sells a good LED 1157 bulb?

Started by bull, October 27, 2013, 10:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

A while back I bought some new 1157 LED bulbs for the tail/brake lights on my 68 and obviously not all LEDs are created equal. By the looks of it regular incandescent bulbs would be brighter. Any recommendations for some good, bright ones?

471_Magnum

I'm using these.

Whether you buy them from here,or someplace else, this is the LED configuration you want for good light output and lit appearance similar to the 1157 incandescent.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

green69rt

Quote from: 471_Magnum on October 28, 2013, 06:15:02 AM
I'm using these.

Whether you buy them from here,or someplace else, this is the LED configuration you want for good light output and lit appearance similar to the 1157 incandescent.

Link??

471_Magnum

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

bull

Don't recall the brand name I got but they had several of the glass bulbs. I'm guessing they put just a couple actual LEDs under the "bulbs" because they suck.

A383Wing

I have tried all sorts of LED's in park-tail-brake lights in my 94 Dakota...they are not all that bright....especially in the daytime...the LED gets washed out by the sunlight

I'm sticking with regular bulbs on the exterior lights

ODZKing

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............