News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So, I bought the new Nickleback cd today,

Started by TruckDriver, March 03, 2006, 08:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Look whats on the back cover with the guys. Maybe this is why I like the band.

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

bull

I brought this up back in October. I was wondering if one of the band members owns it. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,4190.0.html

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

adauto

Maybe thats why my wife likes them??   Just noise to me .......................
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

BrianShaughnessy

ACK!  I looked up and the ollady bought that and it's sitting in her CD stack!  :icon_smile_dead:

I hope the band paid for the guy to get his '70 decontaminated after the photoshoot  :icon_smile_dead:   

Glad it wasn't a '69   :icon_smile_big:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

TruckDriver

PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Mike DC

HA HA!  You paid money for Nickelback songs!

mustanghater

starange I just bought the fall out boy cd with a dodge van on the cover.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

andy74

The Ghoul

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on March 03, 2006, 08:24:06 PM
Look whats on the back cover with the guys. Maybe this is why I like the band.

and here I thought the reason you liked it was because your boyfriend plays it nonstop.
LOL
just kidding
animals is worth the price.

The Ghoul

Quote from: andy74 on March 05, 2006, 08:54:15 PM
FAGS
real thinking mans comment there buck-o.
ranks up there with 'you suck' or 'oh yeah........'

LAME

TruckDriver

I dont care what others think of me liking Nickelback. I like the band and am proud of it. Just my taste I guess. And the way I see it, they wouldnt be one of the biggest bands in the world right now if they sucked. This is no different then someone that hated Def Leppard or Guns N Roses, or Metallica  or AC/DC when they on top of their prime.
PETE

The Ghoul

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on March 06, 2006, 12:25:16 AM
And the way I see it, they wouldnt be one of the biggest bands in the world right now if they sucked.
by that logic I should go out and buy 
Avril lagvine
clay atken
justen timberlake
kelly clarkston
maroon 5
vinilla ice
mc hammer
reo speed wagon
elo
bosten
jefferson star ship (what was that crap about?)
britney speres
jessica simpson
ashly simpson
shakeria
bojiork
creed
u2 <only on here because I hate bono so damn much... first the stupid hat, then the stupid glasses now both.. grrrrr>
steve nicks
george harrison
paul mcartney
rush
ringo star
whats his face
kiss
david hasselholf
willem shatner
kelly osborne
jamey fox
steve harvey
queen
beatoven
manihime steam roller
perry como
elvise presly
black flag <after henry rollens left>
berry manalow
michel bolten
christena agulera
houlio englacias
ricky marten
celen deion
whitney huston
lil kim
usher
hinder (still want back my $13 for that turd of a cd I bough because of the nice rack on the cover)
phish
damn yankees
limp bizkit
yannie
divo
bon jovi
bruce sprinstean
jethro tull
david bowie
elton john
janes addiction
white snake
cindrella
three tenners
any body that had a song on the breakfast club sound track
hewie louis and the news
mind candy (just kidding rudy)
80% of areo smith
tony orlando and dawn
starland vocal band
captin and taneal
beegees
sister sledge
chear
zwan
jimmy buffett
hole
alkine trio
                                                 cd's because they were all the biggest bands in there time. I just dont have the time or the money.
music is all subjective what ever you like you like. If you buy cd's because its popular at the moment or because you think it will be popular one day then your an idiot and totaly devoid of any thought.
So, if nickel back catches on then you might just have a point there, and were all hating on them because its cool to hate the next big thing and Im an ass.
If not (as i suspect) then I can offically ad them to the list of people that were the 'big thing' but in reality suck.
Nice charger on the back -10 for hub caps.
What is it on the front of the cd? isnt it a 50' rod of some kind, two lain black top style?
*edit* this is what happens at 2:30am when I cant sleep and have to be up at 5:50am
I turn into a long winded ars!

andy74

the ghoul, i cant agree with you more on the facts that some people just buy music,books,dvds,etc because they are popular at that particular moment,my statement earlier was to get the point across that in previous posts it showed that the majority of the real men think nickleback sucks,all thier songs sound the same,and it is made for radio pop crap

TruckDriver

In all my years off collecting music, I NEVER EVER bought music because it was popular. I buy something because I like the sound. I never liked Heavy metal (which IS different then Hard Rock). A few songs here and there maybe. But I always preferred the sound of AOR, Album Rock, Progressive Rock, Hard Rock, Pop Rock, Hair Band rock, whatever you wanna call it.  Just my preference. In my opinion, Nickelback is one of the best sounding bands there is right now simply because they have that Progressive rock sound. If you guy like Metal bands like Pantera, Old Metallica (pre '90s) Iron Maiden, Megadeath, etc., That stuff you can keep it :no: :puke: Everyone on this board has different tastes in music, so I don't know why I feel like I'm being bashed because I have a taste in music you don't ::)
PETE

The Ghoul

Quote from: andy74 on March 06, 2006, 08:41:42 AM
the ghoul, i cant agree with you more on the facts that some people just buy music,books,dvds,etc because they are popular at that particular moment,my statement earlier was to get the point across that in previous posts it showed that the majority of the real men think nickleback sucks,all thier songs sound the same,and it is made for radio pop crap
dont worry brother, just bustin some balls for grins... I knew you could take a little razzing.
DCG, I was being kinda a jurk, sorry bout that.
now, totaly mellow tone here, not meaning to attack just being more polite about what I said before (sorry again)
I was trying to point out that just because a band is popular dosent mean they will last the test of time.
I always got the feel from nickel back that they were going to fade soon.
but like I said before its all subjective.
hey if you like the progressive sound how do you feel about jimmy eat world, and fall out boys. Ive been grooving on those for a last fiew months.

andy74

hey dodge charger guy,chill buddy-you can listen to what you like,thats the best part of living in a free country,i just wanted to break balls too!

The Ghoul

I just bought the 69 eyes album on i-tunes and i gotta say its kinda rockin.
Imagine david bowie if he kicked ass and a little bit faster of a pace.
I admit the only reasion I checked them out is because I saw them on viva la bam but im happy with the buy. I think the best track on it is lost boys and feeling berlyn.

Chargerguy74

I used to like Nickelback when there first 2 hits came out. Then they got too big and over played. Being in Alberta they were rammed down my throat, so I started to hate them. Until I went to their July 22 concert in Edmonton. Now I don't mind them, but don't think I could buy their cd. I never buy stuff because it's popular. I buy stuff that I like. For the past few years I've been heavy into Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, and some other grungy stuff.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

derailed

I dont really mind them to much, That song photograph kind of brings me back 20 years ago when I was in high school and chasing my first piece of ass. I guess ill listen to almost anything from Smashing Pumpkins to classic Elton John but not country music except for some older stuff like Jerry Reed, Johnny Cash or Waylon back when some country was halfway good.

The Ghoul

very soft spot in my heart for smashing pumpkins.
The best show I ever went to see was at a small venu (2,000 capacity and thats being gennerious) back when they were pushing the machines of god album
It was an old opra hall (before sterio equiptment) so the place had awsome acustics.
No opening band just there cover of 'rock on' to warm every one up.
They played nonstop for about 3 hours including about an hour worth of acustic stuff in the middle... that rocked hard core... I refuse to thro away the t-shirt i bought there even tho theres holes in it in every concieveable place ...

derailed

The Ghoul

Quote from: derailed on March 08, 2006, 01:46:52 PM
I recently heard they were reforming
yeah Im happy about that. but i cant help but wonder how long it will take for zwan to reform  :eyes:

TruckDriver

Quote from: derailed on March 08, 2006, 01:46:52 PM
I recently heard they were reforming

OHHH GODDDDD NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! One of the worst bands EVER in my opinion!  :no: :down: :puke:
PETE