News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Stainless A-Pillar Trim & Die Bent Daytona Trunk Hinges 550.00 FOR BOTH

Started by daytonalo, October 19, 2013, 06:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

I have a few extra parts I want to move this time of year and want to offer a package deal .
Daytona stainless steel ( mirror polished ) A-pillar trim ( R&L ) along with my Daytona die bent trunk hinges .
Both for 550.00 , 15.00 shipping ( 15.00 is below actual cost ) EBAY LINK

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151192259228?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649
609-315-2640
lob77@comcast.net

The hinges  are Die bent and have all the look of orig ( ZERO KINKS , ALL THE RIGHT BENDS ) slightly thinner gauge .
Each pair comes with brake bent C-channel ( no nut-certs ) and you must transfer your orig B-Body torsion ramp .
EACH PAIR SHIPPED  VIA USPS
Money back if your not Satisfied !
Larry
I ALSO MFG  DAYTONA SUPERBIRD STAINLESS STEEL A-PILLAR TRIM , REVIEW MY EBAY FEEDBACK
Ebay link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151192259228?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

daytonalo

They are in stock and ready to ship ! 11-16-2013
Each pair were Media blasted and sprayed with Self etching primer . You must transfer you orig torsion ramp as well as make your own stop .
PM me for payment instructions

Shipped today 11-16-2013
Jerry Mathis
James Johnson

73satwagon

Hello friends, I just bought a set of these and the workmanship is excellent, no junk here folks, first rate. Going to put them on next week and get rid of my wrought iron ones LOL. Thanks

daytonalo

Thank you for those kind words !! I worked very hard on developing these .
The check is in the mail for the plug !!!  :icon_smile_big:

HOLIDAY SPECIAL

DAYTONA STAINLESS STEEL A-PILLAR TRIM & DIE BENT DAYTONA TRUNK HINGES WITH C-CHANNEL , 625.00 SHIPPED LOWER 48

PM IF INTERESTED
Larry

Lifsgrt

MOPAR brethren, I just received a set of trunk hinges from Larry and once again, his workmanship is outstanding.  I don't have an original set to compare these to, but I am certainly impressed.  These parts will be installed on our Daytona clone that will (hopefully) go to Bonneville in 2014 to see over 200 mph.
I previously received a set of Daytona A-pillar trim from Larry and they were perfect.  These will also be used on this project.
I highly recommend if you need either of these parts that you get them while Larry is making them.  You won't find any better.  :2thumbs:  :cheers:
Best time 11.07@121

odcics2

Quote from: Lifsgrt on November 29, 2013, 11:28:59 AM
MOPAR brethren, I just received a set of trunk hinges from Larry and once again, his workmanship is outstanding.  I don't have an original set to compare these to, but I am certainly impressed.  These parts will be installed on our Daytona clone that will (hopefully) go to Bonneville in 2014 to see over 200 mph.
I previously received a set of Daytona A-pillar trim from Larry and they were perfect.  These will also be used on this project.
I highly recommend if you need either of these parts that you get them while Larry is making them.  You won't find any better.  :2thumbs:  :cheers:

Here's a set of NOS ones.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

daytonalo

As with most after market parts there are differences but I assure that mine will look very much like original and most important fit and function as original . This biggest obstacle for me was during the bending process square tube wants to rack or twist slightly . I came up with form to eliminate that from happening

My hinges as noted DO NOT have elongated mounting slots ( everyone has own idea to mount )
My hinges you must transfer your own torsion ramp and fabricate your own stop ( very simple )
My hinges differ slightly in pivot area as mine are only compressed in small area and orig Daytona are compressed past torsion ramp area . Also slightly thinner gauge

Before I sold my Daytona I made a jig to assure the next round of Daytona hinges fit without issue

I worked very hard to make these and it was a labor of love and will never re-coup my labor !! The parts I make help me to build my Daytona and help others

Larry

odcics2

I only posted the pics because lifsgrt asked what original ones look like...
(I was fortunate to find an NOS pr.)   

If not, I'd surely be buying a set from you Larry!    :2thumbs:   
Believe me, I know all the work that you put into them.     :cheers:

daytonalo

Its all good !!! If you need A-pillar trim let me know

odcics2

daytonalo

I have a few extra parts I want to move this time of year and want to offer a package deal .
Daytona stainless steel ( mirror polished ) A-pillar trim ( R&L ) along with my Daytona die bent trunk hinges .
Both for 550.00 , 15.00 shipping ( 15.00 is below actual cost )

609-315-2640
lob77@comcast.net

hemigeno

I merged the two threads since there's no need to have multiples.

:cheers:

farm966

Oh I want/need a set....hmmmm...buy more car parts or the wife a christmas present...well, they are shiny, maybe she will like them?? :scratchchin:

daytonalo

I have said this before , drop hair dryer in tub , problem solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hotrod98

Quote from: daytonalo on December 19, 2013, 04:37:20 PM
I have said this before , drop hair dryer in tub , problem solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you almost got away with it.  But on a brighter note, it's nice that the prison lets you use the machine shop to make Daytona parts.  :icon_smile_big:

Do you still need a trunk closeout panel?  I might be up for some kind of trade toward some a pillar trims and trunk hinges.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

unrulyprocuda

I need a set of the stainless steel trim and some wing washers I already have the Hinges and plates I do have some trade material I have a Daytona aluminum front spoiler new and I also have a set of valiant marker lights for Daytona nose cone do you still have the trim

daytonalo

I do not make wing washers , only A-pillar trim and hinges . I  have spoiler and lights . Email me @ innovativelabs@comcast.net

Larry

daytonalo

Hinges cheap , 225 shipped lower 48 . When these are gone , I may run out of breath before I make more ! :icon_smile_big:

Lifsgrt

Upon installation, I found these hinges to be off on the geometry. I had to shim with a stack of washers to get the original Charger 500 decklid to sit flush...so not qs good as I originally thought. I expected them them to be pretty accurate, but they were not.
Best time 11.07@121