News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

6.7 or 6.8L 413?

Started by Baldwinvette77, September 25, 2013, 07:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldwinvette77

sup, i gotz a 413 industrial engine from 1971 (not to be confused with a far cooler engine) while looking up parts on summit it lists 2 413 engines a 6.7L and a 6.8L which one is the industrial?  :shruggy:

Thanks

Baldwinvette77

nobody?  :scratchchin: k whatever, i'll consult the internetz

71charger_fan

413in³ = 6.7679L
However, marketers play with the conversions and round up or down to get a number they feel is more saleable. They could have gone either way on this one.

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

mhinders

Quote from: 71charger_fan on September 28, 2013, 11:04:23 PM
413in³ = 6.7679L
However, marketers play with the conversions and round up or down to get a number they feel is more saleable. They could have gone either way on this one.
The correct way is to round that to 6.8 liters.
Martin
Dodge Charger 1967, 512 cui, E85, MegaSquirt MS3X sequential ignition and injection

toocheaptosmoke

Your engine would be equivalent to 5.72 40oz. beverages.  :cheers:

HPP

While Summit's search engine may differentiate this, did you actually look up the required parts between the two to see if they are different? Odds are they are the same.

Baldwinvette77

turns out the industrial is the 6.7, the major differences is the heads, they are a unique design, other big block headers and intakes are not interchangeable, also they have a big ass water punp housing,

you can used 440 heads, and therefore 440 intakes, headers and water pump housings.. but then i might as well have bought a 440  :shruggy:

i'd like to keep this engine as original externally as possible, just for the unique look  :coolgleamA: