News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cars auction lambrecht collection

Started by cdr, September 19, 2013, 09:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt green

I enjoyed looking at the auction and seeing the pictures. how about you guys?
third string oil changer

66FBCharger

Has anyone found any of these Lambrecht cars on Ebay or Craigslist yet? Does anyone think that anyone trying to flip these cars will be able to flip these cars so soon after buying them?
If you were to flip one of these cars, would you clean the cars or leave them "as found"?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

rt green

we will probably see these cars everywhere for quite awhile. the low miles will give it away.
third string oil changer

Ghoste

After this hysteria dies down I wonder if they'll draw the money, especially for the flippers.

Aero426

Quote from: 66FBCharger on October 07, 2013, 06:44:19 AM
Has anyone found any of these Lambrecht cars on Ebay or Craigslist yet? Does anyone think that anyone trying to flip these cars will be able to flip these cars so soon after buying them?
If you were to flip one of these cars, would you clean the cars or leave them "as found"?

64 Dodge pickup on CL.   Bought for $1500, transported, now available for $4000.   "Own a piece of history!"    :rofl:

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/4106582935.html

69charger2002

Enough with the debate antics already. Holy crap no one wants to sort through all that shit to find relevant posts about the Lambrecht cars. I'm really surprised that Dodge pickup was bought for $1500. I was under the impression that all the cars went for retarded money. Apparently only the Chevy's  :icon_smile_big:. $4000 is high for that truck, but already we are seeing that because the Lambrecht auction name was tied to the craigslist ad, they are hoping to sell it based on the fact that people still have it fresh on their minds. That will get old fast. Its about like telling people you paid more for a car from "Barrett Jackson" 10 years ago that was on TV, just so you could say you bought one that was from "that auction company on TV".
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

6spd68

I'm curious as to how someone plans to flip a "low-mileage" vehicle they've restored for much more then the 42000$ price tag (F***ING CORVAIR!  :brickwall:) they'd already paid for it.   :hah: :pity:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

GOTWING

I  read that the 78 corvette pacecar has already changed hands for even more stupid money.. :smilielol:

Tilar

It had already brought twice what I thought it was worth.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

66FBCharger

Quote from: 69charger2002 on October 07, 2013, 09:23:08 AM
Enough with the debate antics already. Holy crap no one wants to sort through all that shit to find relevant posts about the Lambrecht cars. I'm really surprised that Dodge pickup was bought for $1500. I was under the impression that all the cars went for retarded money. Apparently only the Chevy's  :icon_smile_big:. $4000 is high for that truck, but already we are seeing that because the Lambrecht auction name was tied to the craigslist ad, they are hoping to sell it based on the fact that people still have it fresh on their minds. That will get old fast. Its about like telling people you paid more for a car from "Barrett Jackson" 10 years ago that was on TV, just so you could say you bought one that was from "that auction company on TV".
I agree completely!
I find it funny that the Dodge truck is being sold with no description of the truck. Just stating that it was part of the Lambrecht auction. I don't care about that. How many miles?What engine? What trans.? Any interesting options?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto

Bandit72

Quote from: Tilar on October 04, 2013, 02:50:46 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on October 04, 2013, 11:52:18 AM
Here's the Dodge pickup from the auction now up for resale out east.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/4106582935.html

Probably going to see a lot of that. He paid $1500 for it.

Things like this are what really suck. That old Dodge truck did really good to bring 1500 at that auction. They are not the most desirable trucks out there (though they are gaining ground) but that guy probably outbid some dude with 1400 bucks that really would have enjoyed that truck.....I would have loved to have it. My first truck was a 62 Dodge.
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

hemigeno

OK, I cleaned up the trash in this thread.  I won't let the argumentative actions of some (MaximRecoil) spoil an otherwise civil & interesting topic.

Carry on.

Geno

P.S.  MaximRecoil: Spare me the defensive PM or post.  Feel free to find another forum.

cdr

Quote from: hemigeno on October 07, 2013, 11:05:55 AM
OK, I cleaned up the trash in this thread.  I won't let the argumentative actions of some (MaximRecoil) spoil an otherwise civil & interesting topic.

Carry on.

Geno

P.S.  MaximRecoil: Spare me the defensive PM or post.  Feel free to find another forum.

:2thumbs:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

66FBCharger

Hemigeno,
Thanks for getting this thread back on topic!

JB400

Quote from: cdr on October 07, 2013, 11:24:58 AM
Quote from: hemigeno on October 07, 2013, 11:05:55 AM

Carry on.

Geno

:2thumbs:
X2 :cheers:  Sorry for my involvement.

ws23rt

Now we can play cars again--I do hope so ---:cheers:

66FBCharger

When is the next Barrett Jackson auction? I am willing to bet you will see a dozen or so of these cars run through the auction to try to make money while everyone remembers the Lambrecht name.

Cooter

One buyer admitted that very thing when he purchased one..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

6spd68

I just hope the rest of the world sees these cars come up, look at the owners, and just go ...  :hah:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Brock Lee

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 05, 2013, 03:52:33 PM
I say these cars were free, at least to the dealer, which would explain why such new cars were put out to pasture and the owner had showed little to no interest in selling them.

There could be many explanations for this. I also do not think these types of things were really all that uncommon. What IS uncommon is the unsold cars have not been sold off or crushed by now.

My grandfather owned a new car dealership. In the late 50's he switched from being a Nash dealer to a Chrysler dealer. He was not allowed to market his old Nash inventory on the lot. So he stuck the leftover inventory on various properties he owned. He sold some off on the side, but it wasn't long before the age made them virtually worthless. By the 80's he had about 25 Metropolitans and various model Ramblers still kicking around and finally was able to get some money out of them from hobbyists and they were liquidated. Had that never happened, they would have sat until he died in the mid-2000's.

Edit- Just spoke to my father about this and he said the real reason my grandfather offed the cars in the 80's was because the city gave him crap for have an unlicensed "junkyard" and began to fine him. That motivated him to sell.

ws23rt

There is something about this whole scenario/story about the Lambrecht collection and the auction that followed that stays in my mind.

There have been many posts over time about cars in the wild. Some of them are about many cars at a time that ring like this situation. (not hundreds but many).

I think the notoriety of this auction may help some old folks get off the pot and let their decaying cars perhaps have a life after death.

Kind of like a dating service :shruggy:

It is clear that there are many that would love to have a go at an old car and if no one ever knows about it the car will be lost forever.

Perhaps friends and family of the hoarders could help instigate a car selling/auction party similar to this one.  It could be fun for all and without "losers". :Twocents: :Twocents:(Since I spent more than two lines with this)

After all if nothing is done with the cars that are left it is a guaranteed loss for everyone. And whats left over can be put on a ship to China so we can make more new cars.

69hemidaytona

Did anybody see the wooden Lambrecht yardstick go for $117.00 on ebay? A bidders number went for $50.00 on there as well.

rt green

wow. people will buy anything. that is until I want to sell something. maybe I should sell my shopping list on ebay and try to break even on fridays
third string oil changer

JB400

Here's what I wanted to say about "Free" cars to the dealer:

Being that this dealer sold a lot of inventory, GM probably gave him a break on the price of the cars.  Also, the banks probably gave him a break on the loan as well to buy the cars.  After selling enough cars, the sales covered the loans from the bank, thus giving the dealer 100% profit from any remaining car sales.  Any cars that didn't sell by the time the next model year come around got put in the back lot.( In this case, out to pasture)

The trade in's just got put in the back lot if the dealer just needed room on the lot.  The dealer already made his money from the trade in from the sale of the car it was traded for.

I'm pretty sure that every new car dealer has a back lot for just these reasons.  Usually, the cars are sold at a car auction or to a used car dealer, but I guess that wasn't feasible in this case.

69hemidaytona

But there is no way he could have made enough profit on the sale of the new car to be able to afford to park the trade in. I still can't figure out how this guy made a profit selling cars. :shruggy: