News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cars auction lambrecht collection

Started by cdr, September 19, 2013, 09:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Are those prices hammer price or with fees added?  I'm also curious if the seller paid a flat fee and how much was it or if he paid a percentage back?

JB400

Someone doesn't understand the car business.  I doubt that the dealer had more than a $1000 bucks in any of the cars older than 1970.  What the dealer pays is significantly less than what the consumer pays.  Trade ins are a drop in the bucket.

stripedelete

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 03, 2013, 06:59:23 AM
Someone doesn't understand the car business.  I doubt that the dealer had more than a $1000 bucks in any of the cars older than 1970.  What the dealer pays is significantly less than what the consumer pays.  Trade ins are a drop in the bucket.

Maximrecoil is talking about "time value of money" - basic finance.

I understand the car business very well, but, again, this is basic finance.  First a thousand was not chicken feed in 1960.  Second that $1000 was working capital that was parked in a field instead of generating profit.  Third, if that $1000 was invested in the market in 1960 would be close to $32,000.

The guy buried the money in his back yard.   After 50 years he dug it up.  He parsed out he silver coins and got more them.    

Yes, he made money.  :shruggy:

Ghoste

I wonder if he paid property taxes where the cars were stored?  Or business taxes to have the dealership in the first place, for that matter was there any interest paid on money borrowed or minutes to employees who touched the cars?  Just what are the real amounts tied up here?

Tilar

Quote from: Ghoste on October 03, 2013, 05:43:33 AM
Are those prices hammer price or with fees added?  I'm also curious if the seller paid a flat fee and how much was it or if he paid a percentage back?

The prices quoted on the web site are hammer prices. Not sure of the percentage.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

If I keep saying this over and over, have I convinced anybody yet???

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

tsmithae

Does this affect any of us directly?  Who cares if he made money or lost money.  That is his problem and his problem alone.

End.
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

Old Moparz

Clean up time.....Move along now.  :lol:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ram07

My  :Twocents:....haha...just old cars that mean nothing except to the people who want them, pay whatever, just because they can....who's to judge...and really...who gives a sh*t who bought what for how much, and if the old dude made money.....this is just a useless thread....imo.

Fred

However you choose to look at it........he has more money now than he did the day before he sold them.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

I was going to put in my  :Twocents: to further clarify my last post and maybe add in an additional argument, but, this turned into another one of "Those" threads. :icon_smile_dissapprove:

I learned my lesson a month ago.

Fred

myk

Fred

Quote from: myk on October 03, 2013, 09:53:55 PM
Quote from: Fred on October 03, 2013, 09:52:35 PM
:scratchchin:

Phew!  I thought I lost that 'pic of my office meeting...

I always keep back up copies for that very reason.

66FBCharger

I watched the auction on the History Channel. I am interested in the stories behind the cars and why the new owners bought a car and what they plan to do with them. I saw the video of the '64 Chevy wagon being started. That is cool to me.
I have read all the posts on the eight pages of this post. The first 4 pages have been great. The last four have been ridiculous. I keep reading hoping someone will post something having to do with the subject (cars auction lambrecht collection).
Can we please get back to talking about the Lambrecht Collection?
If I wanted to hear bickering, I would stay home with the kids. :lol:
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Aero426

Tilar

Quote from: Aero426 on October 04, 2013, 11:52:18 AM
Here's the Dodge pickup from the auction now up for resale out east.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/4106582935.html

Probably going to see a lot of that. He paid $1500 for it.
Dave  

Dino

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130928/NEWS/130928682/1707

The Cameo was one of Lambrecht's leftovers. He rarely resold trade-ins, and he declined to sell newer cars if a brand new model was available.

When he closed the dealership in 1996, he had hundreds of cars and pickups sitting scattered across town and countryside. Auction promoters described the collection as a time capsule of automotive history. It also was a boneyard.

None of the vehicles was cleaned and polished for the auction. They were "barn finds,'' vehicles tucked away in good — or not so good — condition and largely forgotten until they resurfaced covered in dirt and bird droppings. They were preserved as found for their new owners to have the privilege of discovering what's beneath the grime, if they choose.

VanDerBrink said some collectors who buy the dirty, never-sold Lambrecht cars will get them running but will never wash or restore them.

"A true survivor car is untouched, just like they came from the factory,'' she said. "That's what makes them special.''

I'm sorry but this whole survivor thing has gotten way out of hand.  Never wash them?  Were they dirty on the showroom floor?  The first thing I would do is wash that car top to bottom.  The dirt is not part of the history of the car, that's just stupid.

I'm not sure where the classic car hobby is headed but I have a funny feeling that in the not so distant future we will be thinking of Barret-Jackson as that place where you could still get a good deal.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Tilar

Quote from: Dino on October 04, 2013, 02:57:37 PM
VanDerBrink said some collectors who buy the dirty, never-sold Lambrecht cars will get them running but will never wash or restore them.

"A true survivor car is untouched, just like they came from the factory,'' she said. "That's what makes them special.''

I'm sorry but this whole survivor thing has gotten way out of hand.  Never wash them?  Were they dirty on the showroom floor?  The first thing I would do is wash that car top to bottom.  The dirt is not part of the history of the car, that's just stupid.

I wouldn't put much weight on what she says. With the videos that are on the net when they were first going into the dealership and listening to the crap she said during the auction leaves me to believe she's not the brightest light in the hallway. She probably thinks that dirt statement will impress someone. Her and Maxim would probably get along good.
Dave  

JB400

I say these cars were free, at least to the dealer, which would explain why such new cars were put out to pasture and the owner had showed little to no interest in selling them.

(I have a compelling argument for this claim, but will refrain from posting it since this thread has been hijacked by Maxim, yet again ::))

Fred

But would you at least agree that...........however you choose to look at it........he has more money now than he did the day before he sold them?

F8-4life

Misunderstandings are easier & amplified over the internet.
So no hard feelings guys?
It seems the effort in this thread could have almost rebuilt a motor or something.