News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cars auction lambrecht collection

Started by cdr, September 19, 2013, 09:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Aero426

myk

Quote from: 41husk on September 19, 2013, 09:57:59 AM
1 dodge pick up in 10 pgs  :shruggy:

That's because this collection features the remnants of a GM dealership that kept brand new cars that were never sold, even after they closed.  Because the cars were neglected since the dealerships closed it doesn't matter to ME if the 'odo reads 5 miles or less; the stuff doesn't run, is corroded everywhere and is generally a mess...

Ghoste

This collection came up before.  I ran into someone since then who has seen and the cars present much better on the internet than in reality according to him.  But again, its about the hype.

myk

I mean, I suppose that lot may provide some good 'info for historians and restoration fanatics; assuming of course that most or all of that knowledge isn't already known...

DadsCharger00

I know the guy who did the list and all the vins.  Def. Said the cars present better on paper. Did anyone else hear the history channel is going to be there? Could be cool. Have surgery so I won't make the auction anymore

duanesterrr

I would guess this is the only time in history you will be able to buy a car 50 years old, be the first owner, and run the first tank of gas through it.  Kinda cool.

The one owner "impala with 10,000 miles" who claimed to have the lowest mile impala in existence would be mad though lol

Aero426

Quote from: duanesterrr on September 20, 2013, 08:37:50 AM
I would guess this is the only time in history you will be able to buy a car 50 years old, be the first owner, and run the first tank of gas through it.  Kinda cool.

And I think that is exactly the attraction for some, assuming the fantasy that the car will run.    It will be a spectacle to see, that is for sure.   Yes there is a research component, but most of the cars are not exciting, even in barn find terms.    But if you want a '75 Caprice with no miles, stored outside since new, this is your kind of sale.  

Aero426

Look at the earthen debris piled up on the hood of the Corvair.   

New Chevette?   They got 'em.

Aero426

5 miles,  engine open to the elements.   

Aero426

Plastic on the seats, still like new!

Aero426

The interest for me would be seeing the memorabilia inside the building.    But it's not going to go cheap.   Vette pedal car already at $7k.

Ghoste

I agree, thats where the real treasures might be.

DadsCharger00

I agree. I want the signage etc. Have a few buddies watching the posters and hub caps.  Things like that. Even its getting over priced

F8-4life

Are people with $$ really that stupid?
Sure the cars have ubsurdly low miles, that just means it's been sitting idle & deteriorating for 40 years. Time waits for no one or thing. These cars have sat thru the years just the same.
Like stated, maybe they are good for oem restoration templates & for "research".

Ghoste

I would hope the actual selling prices reflect the condition?

GOTWING

if i was a chevy guy and i was there i would be interested in one of the 55 Belair 2 doors to restore as a hotrod, i like the 59-60 chevy body style, but the only cars worth any money would be whats inside i guess, still a lot of money to spend on them. From what io have seen the best car there a SS Chevelle has the darn roof caved in :eek2: if i was going to hoard new chevys it would have been 409's etc

myk

Quote from: duanesterrr on September 20, 2013, 08:37:50 AM
I would guess this is the only time in history you will be able to buy a car 50 years old, be the first owner, and run the first tank of gas through it.  Kinda cool.

The one owner "impala with 10,000 miles" who claimed to have the lowest mile impala in existence would be mad though lol

You might be able to put gas in those cars but they aren't starting up any time soon.  It's too bad no one had invented a car cover or a tarp back in those days... :shruggy:

F8-4life

This is reminds me of the tulsa-buried '57 plymouth. They talked the car up like it was gonna come out of a time-machine...then they pull up a rusted hulk.
A car "preserved" from the road (low miles) is like a man never moving from the couch...no use means the ability to be used is soon to go...

Aero426

The few people who were realistic about what to expect with the Tulsa Plymouth were those who had experience with grave digging. 

Aero426

Free tree with purchase!

Ghoste

Haha, it would have been funny to see it before they cut off the top.

F8-4life

I looked through the auction pages, seems some of those chevrolets are bringing good money.

Tilar

They will bring good money and there will be big money names at that auction. How many people under the age of 40 years old can be the original owner of a 1964 car or truck?  There are a few that I wouldn't mind having but the money that has already been bid puts it out of what I feel they are worth even with zero miles.

Plus many of these "new" cars have been vandalized and missing a lot of parts.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.