News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Am I missing something ?

Started by RGA, September 17, 2013, 03:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGA

I am putting my car back together (69 rt charger) got the grill in and went to mount the bumpers and found 2 problems. First is a broken piece of the corner of my grill where it sits between bumper and fender ( crap just completely stripped and painted and thought I fixed everything ) guess that's gona be there for a while, I want my car back. Second and here is the question, holes in the bumper on the sides where they rap around the fender and no brackets to bolt them to. Is there supposed to be a bracket here or just bolts to a dead hole ?  :brickwall:

By the way I went original F3 with black vynle and black stripe. Looks freaking amazing. One day I will figure out how to get the pics on here to show you guys, the jealousy will be abundant.

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Dino

Word of advice, fix the grille corners now or it will never happen.  Those break when people try to remove the grille without removing the bumper. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

RGA

Thanks, ordered. Guess they were missing. I do not want to pull that grill back out right now. I will probably order one and do the swap this winter when my 4 speed goes in.

HANDM

Quote from: RGA on September 17, 2013, 03:38:56 PM
I am putting my car back together (69 rt charger) got the grill in and went to mount the bumpers and found 2 problems. First is a broken piece of the corner of my grill where it sits between bumper and fender ( crap just completely stripped and painted and thought I fixed everything ) guess that's gona be there for a while, I want my car back. Second and here is the question, holes in the bumper on the sides where they rap around the fender and no brackets to bolt them to. Is there supposed to be a bracket here or just bolts to a dead hole ?  :brickwall:

By the way I went original F3 with black vynle and black stripe. Looks freaking amazing. One day I will figure out how to get the pics on here to show you guys, the jealousy will be abundant.

Yes, there are brackets that connect the ends of the bumper to the fender, I left mine off and just used dummy bolts there. I left them off because I imaginined a slow speed bump to the corner and it taking the fender with it. Luckily my car had never taken a bump to the nose which I suppose, is why I had them in the first place......

bill440rt

Quote from: RGA on September 17, 2013, 05:59:50 PM
Thanks, ordered. Guess they were missing. I do not want to pull that grill back out right now. I will probably order one and do the swap this winter when my 4 speed goes in.

I'm with Dino on this one.
There's nothing to order. The lower ears are part of the outer grille surrounds. Not being reproduced.
If you want to take care of it, you either need to find a good used one, or repair what you have. And for that, you'll have to pull the grille out and disassemble it.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

RGA

I have had the cracks and fins fixed before but the whole chunk is missing, like 2 or 3 inches. How can I repair that ? I was thinking probably have to find another end piece. ( sold 2 extras last year when i was funding the paint  :brickwall:)

JB400

Contact RR70.  He is Stu's buddy and rebuilds grilles and probably has a few extra grille surrounds he might sell.  I'm going to let him fix mine when I get time to send pix.

bill440rt

Quote from: RGA on September 17, 2013, 08:34:20 PM
I have had the cracks and fins fixed before but the whole chunk is missing, like 2 or 3 inches. How can I repair that ? I was thinking probably have to find another end piece. ( sold 2 extras last year when i was funding the paint  :brickwall:)

Unfortunately, that's always the case!  :lol:   When you need something, there's never any around.
There are plastic repair compounds nowadays that work wonders. I had an ear completely missing off a grille section also, I made one using the other side as a guide. A little shaping, filing, fitting, etc. Looks completely factory now.
Or... find an unbroken one.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce