News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another General Lee Wannabe

Started by TruckDriver, September 07, 2013, 03:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Hey now, if you want to start pointing fingers........

ws23rt

Quote from: MaximRecoil on September 14, 2013, 09:39:37 PM
Quote from: ws23rt on September 14, 2013, 09:23:47 PM
Remember Jumper?---One of those threads went 18 pages :shruggy:

At least this contamination is mostly confined to this thread.  And the readers don't have to side step so much to get where they want to go.
If he was doing this on many threads it would be sorta like walking through a cow pasture :eek2:

"He"? It takes more than one person, obviously. For example, in this thread you have admitted to being a "troll".

So here's the fixed version:

If ws23rt, stroker400 wedge, A383Wing, djcarguy, Fred, CairnsGeneral, 69finder, Back N Black, Cooter, bill440rt, and MaximRecoil were doing this on many threads it would be sorta like walking through a cow pasture

Quote from: A383Wing on September 14, 2013, 09:31:31 PM
300 million sperm and this is the one that got through...

^^^ Case in point.

The term troll came up some time back used by someone else.  You used it to describe me. If you mean that I admitted to being one by not taking you to task on it than that is yours.

ws23rt

Quote from: MaximRecoil on September 14, 2013, 09:39:37 PM

At least this contamination is mostly confined to this thread.  And the readers don't have to side step so much to get where they want to go.
If he was doing this on many threads it would be sorta like walking through a cow pasture :eek2:

"He"? It takes more than one person, obviously. For example, in this thread you have admitted to being a "troll".

So here's the fixed version:

If ws23rt, stroker400 wedge, A383Wing, djcarguy, Fred, CairnsGeneral, 69finder, Back N Black, Cooter, bill440rt, and MaximRecoil were doing this on many threads it would be sorta like walking through a cow pasture

Quote from: A383Wing on September 14, 2013, 09:31:31 PM
300 million sperm and this is the one that got through...

^^^ Case in point.

Is this a list of all your new friends?   Do you have any old ones?

MaximRecoil

Quote from: ws23rt on September 14, 2013, 09:46:18 PM

The term troll came up some time back used by someone else.  You used it to describe me. If you mean that I admitted to being one by not taking you to task on it than that is yours.

You admitted to being a "troll" by admitting to doing the very thing which defines being a "troll". I didn't use the word to describe you; you are the one that described your behavior, and I pointed out that you had just [unwittingly, most likely] admitted to being a "troll".

Is this a list of all your new friends?   Do you have any old ones?

Your non sequitur is dismissed, and another case in point from another "usual suspect" is noted.

69finder

Nothing hurts Maximumrecoil because he's a unemotional being like Spock!  Or he wishes he was a robot?

Something tells me he was deeply hurt in the past and now he wants to bury his feelings WAAaaay down deep never to be seen again.  I'm sorry someone hurt you Maximumrecoil, and if it makes you feel better to argue on the internet then YOU GO RIGHT ahead buddy!

These guys don't know what they're saying.  Of course you're right (about whatever you said).  There, do you feel better?  Oh, wait you don't feel.  Well, whatever it is you're doing with your hand, you just keep on doing it.  We won't judge you anymore!

Right fellas??  Maximumrecoil is just a little misunderstood, but he's our pal right?  I'm sorry for calling you a douchebag, but since it didn't hurt your feelings, it's ok right?  

F8-4life

Ahhh the sound of argument..don't worry it just means were all passionate about the cars we love!

MaximRecoil

Quote from: 69finder on September 14, 2013, 09:52:53 PM
Nothing hurts Maximumrecoil because he's a unemotional being like Spock!  Or he wishes he was a robot?

Something tells me he was deeply hurt in the past and now he wants to bury his feelings WAAaaay down deep never to be seen again.  I'm sorry someone hurt you Maximumrecoil, and if it makes you feel better to argue on the internet then YOU GO RIGHT ahead buddy!

These guys don't know what they're saying.  Of course you're right (about whatever you said).  There, do you feel better?  Oh, wait you don't feel.  Well, whatever it is you're doing with your hand, you just keep on doing it.  We won't judge you anymore!

Right fellas??  Maximumrecoil is just a little misunderstood, but he's our pal right?  I'm sorry for calling you a douchebag, but since it didn't hurt your feelings, it's ok right?  

^^^ And another case in point.

Your unfortunate reading disability remains noted, and your inept, baseless, and emotional editorial, along with your laughably unwarranted trailer-park-style attempt at low-rent "condescension" is dismissed.  

ws23rt

When one steps back a bit and looks at this thread it is clear what it is all about.

Maxim is always right and will stick a needle in the eye of anyone that would suggest otherwise.
He has admitted several times he could care less how anyone feels about this.

The prime directive is to show everyone the error in there way of thinking and to shame all that question it.

And then he will have a whole new set of friends that will listen to what he says and only just nod in aggreement :yesnod:

History is full of those that can move people to believe things that are not so.   You Maxim are not one of them.

MaximRecoil

Quote from: ws23rt on September 14, 2013, 10:03:38 PM
When one steps back a bit and looks at this thread it is clear what it is all about.

Maxim is always right and will stick a needle in the eye of anyone that would suggest otherwise.

The prime directive is to show everyone the error in there way of thinking and to shame all that question it.

And then he will have a whole new set of friends that will listen to what he says and only just nod in aggreement :yesnod:

^^^ Yet another episode of Irrelevant & Baseless Editorials from Deep Left Field.

QuoteHistory is full of those that can move people to believe things that are not so.   You Maxim are not one of them.

Yes, they are called "con men", and no, I am not one of them, nor would I want to be.

ws23rt

Quote from: MaximRecoil on September 14, 2013, 10:35:55 PM

^^^ Yet another episode of Irrelevant & Baseless Editorials from Deep Left Field.

QuoteHistory is full of those that can move people to believe things that are not so.   You Maxim are not one of them.

Yes, they are called "con men", and no, I am not one of them, nor would I want to be.

You do cherry pick the questions you will answer.   The majority of the ones I ask get dismissed/ (Which in maxim speak means no response)
I have been in left field with Baseless Editorials for a while and they are speaking to the other members of this forum. For the most part they are a reply to the thread and not responding to you.

JB400

For as many people there is out in left field, we could start our own team :lol:

ws23rt

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 14, 2013, 10:46:56 PM
For as many people there is out in left field, we could start our own team :lol:

I always got put in left field cause I couldn't catch.  The batters all hit to right field :shruggy:
It was good for me :shruggy:

So where was maxim in the game of baseball?

MaximRecoil

Quote from: ws23rt on September 14, 2013, 10:44:29 PM

You do cherry pick the questions you will answer.

I only answer valid questions, i.e., questions that have sound rationale for being asked, or are otherwise logically valid. This is another example of your left field tendencies, given that you asked no questions in your previous post.

QuoteThe majority of the ones I ask get dismissed/ (Which in maxim speak means no response)

Everything I dismiss has a logical basis for the dismissal. There is no "Maxim speak" about it.

QuoteI have been in left field with Baseless Editorials for a while and they are speaking to the other members of this forum. For the most part they are a reply to the thread and not responding to you.

An editorial (or anything else) is baseless when it has no foundation in fact or logic. Something is out of left field when it doesn't logically follow from that which preceeded it. It means the same thing as non sequitur. Your posts are from deep left field far more often than anyone else's on this forum that I know of. You seem to have some crossed wires in the attic.

Who your posts are in reply to is irrelevant; it has nothing to do with being baseless and out of left field (i.e., irrelevant / non sequitur).

ws23rt

Quote from: MaximRecoil on September 14, 2013, 10:35:55 PM

QuoteHistory is full of those that can move people to believe things that are not so.   You Maxim are not one of them.

I mentioned that history is full of those that can move people to believe things that are not true.

You tell me what these  people are?  "con men" ---You are making an assumption about the intent of my observation.  Think again maxim.

You of all people need no hints.   If you had a conscience let it be your guide.

People do the right things for the right reasons.   You can stab people all day long and they will remember it for ever.  You may look back on this at some time and wish it didn't happen but such is the bed we lay for ourselves.

Fred

Quote from: bill440rt on September 14, 2013, 08:25:43 PM
Jeez, 6 pages of this drivel already??

Yes but we were throwing punches there and in order to take good aim and land a doosey, we needed space...... and space takes up plenty of pages.  :icon_smile_big:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Are monkeys allowed?  :icon_smile_big:

ws23rt

Quote from: Fred on September 14, 2013, 11:54:10 PM

Are monkeys allowed?  :icon_smile_big:

Monkeys are required  :cheers:   

JB400

Quote from: ws23rt on September 15, 2013, 12:01:34 AM

Are monkeys allowed?  :icon_smile_big:

Monkeys are required  :cheers:  
They're the team mascot.

Fred

MaximRecoil

Quote from: ws23rt on September 14, 2013, 11:27:20 PM

I mentioned that history is full of those that can move people to believe things that are not true.

You tell me what these  people are?  "con men" ---You are making an assumption about the intent of my observation.  Think again maxim.

Yes, they are still called con men. I'm not making any "assumption about the intent of your observation", because I couldn't care less about your intent. If you can't use the English language well enough to make your words mirror your intent, that is your own problem.

People who convince others to believe things that aren't true are con men. You could also say they are liars, but the word "liar" doesn't speak to whether or not the person is able to convince others to believe his lies, so "con man" is a better fit, because in order to be a successful one, you not only have to tell lies, but you have to be able to convince people that the lies are true.  

QuoteYou of all people need no hints.   If you had a conscience let it be your guide.

People do the right things for the right reasons.   You can stab people all day long and they will remember it for ever.  You may look back on this at some time and wish it didn't happen but such is the bed we lay for ourselves.

^^^ Out of left field; even more so than usual ... dismissed.

ws23rt

Quote from: Fred on September 15, 2013, 12:04:03 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 15, 2013, 12:02:11 AM
Quote from: ws23rt on September 15, 2013, 12:01:34 AM

Are monkeys allowed?  :icon_smile_big:

Monkeys are required  :cheers:  
They're the team mascot.

Excellent! shall I bring my paddle?

Bring some wipes too---That big pink thing may ooz a bit.

Fred

ws23rt

Quote from: MaximRecoil on September 15, 2013, 12:05:56 AM
Quote from: ws23rt on September 14, 2013, 11:27:20 PM

Yes, they are still called con men. I'm not making any "assumption about the intent of your observation", because I couldn't care less about your intent. If you can't use the English language well enough to make your words mirror your intent, that is your own problem.

People who convince others to believe things that aren't true are con men. You could also say they are liars, but the word "liar" doesn't speak to whether or not the person is able to convince others to believe his lies, so "con man" is a better fit, because in order to be a successful one, you not only have to tell lies, but you have to be able to convince people that the lies are true.  

QuoteYou of all people need no hints.   If you had a conscience let it be your guide.

People do the right things for the right reasons.   You can stab people all day long and they will remember it for ever.  You may look back on this at some time and wish it didn't happen but such is the bed we lay for ourselves.

^^^ Out of left field; even more so than usual ... dismissed.

You continue to use the language that you were taught in school and use it to justify everything you say.

We out in the world speak a language of communication and we all know what we are saying.

You may come on board if you wish.

BTW  I know---you know---and everyone that reads this knows what we are all speaking so what is the point of trying to tell us how to speak when it works just fine like it is?

JB400

Hey now WS, he has to spend 6 hours researching his post to get it to sound intellectual.  Show some appreciation. ;)

ws23rt

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 15, 2013, 12:16:48 AM
Hey now WS, he has to spend six hours researching his post to get it to sound intellectual.  Show some appreciation. ;)

So sorry :eek2:   He may have to go ask a neighbor what we are talking about :icon_smile_wink: