News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tranny break-in

Started by J-440, September 07, 2013, 01:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-440

Evening all.  I have a rebuilt tranny with a Gear Vendors OD unit, a deep pan, about 5 ft. of fluid lines going to a cooler.  My question is, how long does it take for a transmission to "work"?  I've got the car on jackstands.  I start the car, shift to reverse, and the wheels slowly start turning.  Unfortunately, I can't stay in the garage too long as I am running open exhaust and the fumes are killer.  Just wondering what the official time is for the wheels to start spinning normally.  Yes I will turn the car around but for now, this will do.  Thanks again.
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

RECHRGD

Let it idle in neutral for awhile.  That will get the fluids moving.  Then check the fluid level as it may be low after filling the converter.
13.53 @ 105.32

J-440

Yup, you were right RECH.  I was just a little impatient.  I ran through the gears and the wheels spin nicely. Thanks for the quick response. :2thumbs:
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

RECHRGD

13.53 @ 105.32