News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dana s60

Started by ozchargerguy, September 06, 2013, 07:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozchargerguy

Hi guys bought a dana 60 shortened 1inch either side
Now want to buy 15x10 magnums for rear the car is in pieces
So I can't get correct measurements could some1
Tell me what back space I need to clear the springs
Iv got heaps room on outer coz iv cut and minitubbed the outers
I'm going to run 315x60x15 rear but not sure on back space now
Help pls....

cougs

I'd say 4" or 4.25" BS but wait to hear if somebody else is running this. 
1968 Charger 383/727  Restored to Stock!

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Dino

Someone here just put a 315 on his car...who was that?  Find out his bs and subtract 1 inch.  4 - 4.5 is likely your target.  Do they even have that for a 15x10?

There's always spacers...  :icon_smile_big: 

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ozchargerguy

It's shortend from standard not sure what measurement standard is

ozchargerguy

Quote from: Dino on September 06, 2013, 03:51:04 PM
Someone here just put a 315 on his car...who was that?  Find out his bs and subtract 1 inch.  4 - 4.5 is likely your target.  Do they even have that for a 15x10?

There's always spacers...  :icon_smile_big: 

You can get custom bs made to ur liking iv heard

Lord Warlock

I just put 315 35 17 tires on 17x11 wheels on mine.  Backspacing was 5.5".  Mine runs the stock axle though non dana rear.  I used Nitto 555R tires which tend to run slightly narrower than other brands, people who used to own 04 cobras used to put them on 9 inch stock rims but thought that would be pushing things a little so go larger. I'd probably recommend 10 or 10.5 inch rims minimum with those tires.  Other brand tires will usually be slightly wider.  The tires look massive on the back though
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

ozchargerguy

The fat tires always look Awsome :)

John_Kunkel

Quote from: ozchargerguy on September 06, 2013, 04:20:12 PM
It's shortend from standard not sure what measurement standard is

Measure from the wheel mounting surface of the drum to the outside of the spring perch, this will tell you how much room you have to the spring....if you know the tire bulge dimension you can compute the back spacing needed to clear the spring.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

ozchargerguy

Cheers john I will measure and see what I come up with ;) it's got disk rear
End so il measure to the disk....