News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

polyhead 318 K Frame guestion

Started by troy.70R/T, August 30, 2013, 03:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

Someone told me that if you had a polyhead 318 K frame in a car that a big block should bolt right in. Is this correct? I have one that I was going to sell but if a bb will bolt up to it I will keep it. Thanks

A383Wing

what year K-frame? I know 66 frames are the same, not sure of the earlier years

68CoronetRT

My car is original 318. Has the same K frame with a 440 bolted up. and it's a 68'

troy.70R/T

Mine is out of a 66 Coronet. Would the steal part of the motor mounts be the same as a bb as well???? Thanks guysy

Cooter

I bolted a latet "LA" style small block right where a poly came out.
No,small block and big block metal part of the motor mounts are different. You will need big block complete mounts regardless if it weren't a poly sb.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

troy.70R/T

So then the steel motor mount on the poly 318 wil work on all big blocks

A383Wing

no...the K-frames will accept any V8 engine with the correct steel & rubber mounts attached for that engine (except Hemi)

small block & big block metal mounts that bolt to the block are different, will not interchange

troy.70R/T

Thanks for clearing that up 383Wing