News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FENDER TAG INFO

Started by EMF, August 17, 2013, 01:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMF

Is it ok to send picture of fender tag to interested buyer if vin number is blocked out?

JB400

If you feel comfortable doing it, it's alright.

Ghoste

Homerr

I personally wouldn't buy a car without knowing the VIN.  I'd need a VIN to look it up, see the Sandy flood car thread for example:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,103438.0.html

Lot's of people post the VIN and/or fender tag.  I don't think it is that big of a deal.  Some that don't post them seem to create some "what am I opening myself up to?" scenario like scams, crooks finding a home address, etc.  If you park the car in public then the VIN is readily visible to anyone who looks.

Then, some people are just private and don't want anyone knowing anything about anything.

polywideblock

don't some people not show full vin because there worried about someone making a "clone of their car "  with real vin etc.? and then there are two of them and you have to prove which one is the real one  :shruggy:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

bakerhillpins

What ever you're comfortable with I guess.  I wouldn't buy a car without it as I run a stolen vehicle check through my local PD before I buy.   
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.