News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vintage Ontario Dodge dealer pic.

Started by 65post, February 27, 2006, 12:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

Any of you boys in TO remember these guys ?
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

89MOPAR

Thats a cool old ad

Dealership would never get away with " Born for Street Racing "  as a title header today. Well hopefully some shop with courage would....
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Shakey

I am from the area but I was born in 1969 so I can't I remember that add or the dealership for that matter.   :P

Looks like they had their own car running at the Cayuga Speedway way back when.

Brock Samson

interesting compitition stripe on the first gen. looks great with the Magums!  :laugh: too bad the photo quality and repro isn't better..

MetallicA

very cool stuff, ill ask my grandpa if he remembers the place, he used to own a gulf gas station on Shepard near bayview

doctorpimp

I'm too young as well. :icon_smile_cool:
That area of Mississauga is still known as Cooksville, but that's mostly by my parents and grandma. ;)  The address would put it on Dundas not too far east from Hurontario (Hwy 10)  I haven't been there for a while, I think it's called "Cooksville Dodge" now.
My grandpa did own a couple of Mopar's back in the day: 1978 Volaré fastback, 1971 Scamp 318, 1964 Savoy pushbutton 383.  All purchased in Mississauga, but I couldn't tell you which dealer.
Cool though. 
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

dodgecharger-fan

Shakey

Quote from: 89MOPAR on February 27, 2006, 01:04:08 PM
Thats a cool old ad

Dealership would never get away with " Born for Street Racing "  as a title header today. Well hopefully some shop with courage would....

Probably wouldn't get away with having a painting on the front window of broad gagged and hog tied wearing a mini skirt with white go-go boots either.   :P

What a shame eh.

Dan T

Thats so cool!
My inlaws (or outlaws) live right behind Cooksville Dodge. I never realised it was Argle Dodge before. It makes sence in a way, there is an Argyle St not too far from there.
B.T.W. I'm the resident born & raised in Mississauga guy..
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Cool old ad.  Dan, are you still in Mississauga?

doctorpimp

Quote from: Dan T on March 01, 2006, 01:55:55 AM
Thats so cool!
My inlaws (or outlaws) live right behind Cooksville Dodge. I never realised it was Argle Dodge before. It makes sence in a way, there is an Argyle St not too far from there.
B.T.W. I'm the resident born & raised in Mississauga guy..

Where in 'sauga?
I'm from Clarkson-Park Royal. 
Born and raised there too: for 23 years then Oakville, then CFB Borden, then CFB Petawawa.
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216