News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Update on my dad

Started by bull, February 27, 2006, 04:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

I'm glad you were able to communicate your feelings of forgiveness before he died. I'm sure it did both of you a world of good & possibly helped him pass more peacefully.

My condolences to you & your family, from one of the many friends you've never met (yet). :pity: :icon_smile:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

my73charger

Very sorry to hear about your Dad Bull.  I lost my mom to cancer in August.  She couldn't kick the habit, they found cancer from her lungs to her kidneys and liver.  My thoughts and prayers are with you as I know this isn't easy.

BigBlackDodge

Sorry to hear of your loss Bull.

BBD

Afturhrz

Sorry for your loss, may god be with you.

chargermick

Sorry Bull, you and your family will be in our prayers.

Johnny SixPack

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Bull.

It's never easy losing a parent, and especially so when you feel there are things that could have been done differently/better.

I respect your decision to lay things out on the table as you did, and really wish I had done the same.

You and your family all have my thoughts and prayers, as I have been in the same boat with my mom for the last month.

Already lost my dad back in 2002 to cancer, and just don't want to lose her too.

Stay strong, man.

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

MoparMotel

1968 Dodge Charger

Chryco Psycho

My condolences
Call me if you want to talk

Drop Top

Like you said, he's in a much better place with no suffering now. Your a good son by helping out as much as you are able. But, It takes more out of you then you will realize. So be sure to take care of yourself also. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

TeeWJay426

Sorry for your loss, Bull- my condolences to you and the rest of your family. I lost my Dad 10 years ago; also smoking related- so I know what you're going through. You and your family are in my thoughts & prayers.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

4402tuff4u

My condolences to you and your family Bull. I went through what you did 3 years ago. I saw my dad before he passed away and basically told him that even though things could have been different between all of us in the family, everything is "ok" and all the wrongs in both sides are forgiven. He agreed and several days later he passed away in peace. Remember we must all forgive to be forgiven.   
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

beenaround

bull

Thanks again for all your kind comments. Understandably my mom is very disoriented right now and is having trouble focusing on all the things that need to be done. Fortunately she has a nephew and a pastor there who are helping out but she's still kind of 'sweating the small stuff' right now instead of the big things that need attention. I've been helping her out with the larger issues by getting the life insurance payout started and getting her some information on changing dad's Social Security over to her name. I think she relied pretty heavily on his decisiveness to get things done and now she's kind of lost without that strong influence. She's been married since she was 18 and now she's pushing 70 so I can see how it would be tough for her to function on her own. Hopefully things will get squared away soon and settle down so she can start to grieve without worrying about more paperwork.

General_01

Very sorry to hear that bull. Your family will be in our thoughts.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

R2

Sorry to hear about your Dad.... :pity:
I lost my Dad when I was 26,,,,I miss him,,,,he was a bit of a "hardass" as well at times,,,but had a soft side that showed thru once in a while....maybe it was the way he (ie my dad),,was brought up,,,kinda tough love if you will.... :-\
I, like you,,,choose to do things a bit different with my kids,,,ie,,lots of communication, hugs, and pats on the back,,, :yesnod:
Again, sorry to hear of you lose,,,,,will say a prayer for your family,,,including your Mom,,,,
Have you ever heard what "F-A-M-I-L-Y" stands for ??
F-ather A-nd M-other I L-ove Y-ou.........my four year old told me this the other day,,,kinda choked me up when he said it,,,,take care,
Doug (R2)

Darkness

Didn't catch this thread soon enough. Just wanted to say sorry Bull about your dad. You thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.