News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cragar Eliminators vs. U.S. Mags Torque Thrust?!!

Started by cougs, July 31, 2013, 04:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which wheel do you prefer on a 15x8?  

Cragar Eliminator
7 (41.2%)
U.S. Mags Torque Thrust
10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

cougs

The Cragar Eliminators are $137 per wheel and the U.S. Mags Torque Thrusts are $130.  The U.S. Mags wheel has a 15x9 option which would be better for the 295/50R15 tire I will be running.  This is for a 68 Charger! 

Please put in your vote above!!
1968 Charger 383/727  Restored to Stock!

myk

Torq-thrusts IMO, but either wheel in at least 17", again IMO...

cougs

charge69

If you are going with a 17" wheel, get the torque thrusts. I would imagine they look very nice on a '68 Charger.

They would also be my choice in a 15" wheel. 

cougs

I am going with a 15" only.  I like the old school look.  Would go with 60s or 70s vintage if I could find the right offset.

Dino

TT's but I am biased.  My wheels were obviously influenced by the TT's.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JB400

Go with the Cragar. :2thumbs:  The US Magnums seem to be on everything.  Be sure to post pix when you put them on. :popcrn:

Ghoste

Budnicks

I really like both actually, but the TT seem to be on everything now, a little change up would be nice too... kind of look like the old Kelsey style wheels
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Ghoste

Yes, exactly.  I like both as well but I've even avoided TT on my own for that reason.  (of course the Magnums on it now aren't overdone at all but whatever  :lol: )

Dino

Everything has been done over and over.  But who would have the same car with the same wheels as you?  Nobody unless you go to a show or a message board such as this.

Both are very nice, TT is my favorite of the two.

Cougs, you can run a 15x8 easily with a 295.  The questions is how much sidewall bulge you want.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Budnicks

Musicman

Looks aside... a 9" or 10" wheel is better suited to a 295/50/15 tire  :Twocents:

cougs

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 04, 2013, 08:37:26 AM
Im a bit biased  :scratchchin:

Yup, Chris' wheel choice is definitely influencing my decision!  I'll be ordering today or tomorrow and it's coming own to the U.S. mags wheel, the Cragar or this beauty......

Budnicks

Quote from: cougs on August 19, 2013, 12:16:26 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 04, 2013, 08:37:26 AM
Im a bit biased  :scratchchin:

Yup, Chris' wheel choice is definitely influencing my decision!  I'll be ordering today or tomorrow and it's coming own to the U.S. mags wheel, the Cragar or this beauty......
Great choice... good luck

cougs

I've now seen the U.S. Mags wheel in person and boy are those spokes shiny.  :rotz:  Why do they find the need to gloss clearcoat everything these days?  The Rocket Strike wheel has a flat clear on it.  Just enough to make it easy to clean but doesn't give it a shine.  If the Rocket Wheels had a deeper barrel I would have ordered it already.

I had no idea choosing new wheels was going to be this tough