News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear mount turbo 400 bb

Started by Wicked72, July 20, 2013, 08:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked72

I end up toying with these ideas for awhile and i feel like ive got my heart set on a budget turbo setup for my stock 400. I know a rear mount turbo setup can have alot of lag but with the right turbo it can work well and thats what i want to do. looking at a t70 with an ar70 exhaust housing.however im still looking at what turbo would be the better choice and cheap is the price mark! Im going to header wrap the whole exhaust and i am using some el cheapo long tube headers as well. as far as the carb i was thinking of converting my edelbrock into a blow thru which seems to work well and is extremely cheap or could i just stick it in a box as is? i its a 600 cfm carb and ill slap my single plane intake on when im ready. so my boost goal is well under 8 which im hoping is still fairly safe. I know that a purpose built blowthru is obviously much better but the point of my build is not so much being cheap but just to learn more about forced induction and toying with stuff which is fun to me. i will at some point build the engine and get a good blow thru and better turbo or supercharger setup but this will be a fun project none the less.
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

JB400

I've seen on Powerblock of setups like what you're talking about.  They had one installed on a Corvette.

Ghoste

I've seen it on a couple of 05 style Chargers as well at some of the bigger Mopar meets.  I think someone was even offering a kit to do it or maybe it was turn key purchase.

c00nhunterjoe

We made our own kit for my friends 4.7 powered ram. Used a stock 24 valve cummins turbo and installed it in place of the muffler. Ran oil lines and boost tubes. All homemade. There was nearly 0 lag. It was quite impressive. Only issue was the stock I take couldn't handle more then 5 lbs of boost. It is plastic and split. Had to replace it and adjust the boost. But even 5 lbs was sick.