News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Satellite gas tank questions

Started by AmadeusCharger500, July 14, 2013, 05:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

I have a 74 Satellite. It sprung a leak in the gas tank after I filled it for the trip to Carlisle. I took the tank off and found pin holes in and around the sending unit area. I welded them shut, cleaned up the sender, and sealed the whole thing back up with seam sealer. Now the sending unit line leaks, so I am replacing both.

I would like to know 2 things. One about the sender and the other about the tank.

1- Two different sending units are offered. One with a straight output and one with a 90 degree bend in it. Mine appears to have the 90 degree bend in it. Are they not interchangeable?
2- Does anyone sell gas tanks and sending units or is this a puzzle that everyone must go through to match tanks with senders. So far I have only found sellers who deal with just tanks or just sending units.

thanks,

H

Mopar Nut

YearOne, I don't know the brand though.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."