News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's wrong here?

Started by Dreamcar, July 11, 2013, 08:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcar

When I look at the k member from the front of the car, I noticed that something seemed "off". The passenger side seems to be more towards the front of the car (look at the gaps in the pictures). Could the K member just unaligned?

There's no evidence of the car having been hit at all in the front, so I'm wondering if this is just an adjustment issue or something worse. Ultimately, in a few years when the car is ready, I want to be able to have it go straight down the road.

Your thoughts are appreciated? I hope the attachments worked.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Dreamcar

I can`t get the pictures to attache :flame:
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

green69rt

Until we get pics there's nothing to advise, but the k-member does not have any adjustments, it just bolts in place!!

Dreamcar

trying again

Dreamcar

other side

Dreamcar

When I look at the k member from the front of the car, I noticed that something seemed "off". The passenger side seems to be more towards the front of the car (look at the gaps in the pictures). Could the K member just unaligned?

There's no evidence of the car having been hit at all in the front, so I'm wondering if this is just an adjustment issue or something worse. Ultimately, in a few years when the car is ready, I want to be able to have it go straight down the road.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

spoolinhard

Is it possible that those plastic shields could have been installed by the factory in slightly different distances, making the K member to appear off? Why not measure from the front of the K member to the front of the frame rail and be sure?

A383Wing

those shields on my cars are not equal to the K-member either

Bryan

A383Wing

see replies in the other thread

Bryan

green69rt

green69rt

Please remember that the frame measurements were plus or minus 0.25.   Is it that close?

fy469rtse

Check sides of rails for any obvious damage, if you cant see any, I think you are good , checked mine for you and the are different per side, just the way they were installed from the factory, its not the rails , its the splash shields

Dreamcar

I guess the tape measure doesn't lie. I ignored the plastic shields and measured nothing but the frame rails and the k-member. Everything seems square (or very close). I guess I should worry about it.

A383Wing

A383Wing

Quote from: Dreamcar on July 12, 2013, 06:41:46 AM
I guess the tape measure doesn't lie. I ignored the plastic shields and measured nothing but the frame rails and the k-member. Everything seems square (or very close). I guess I should worry about it.

I would not worry about it...the shields are a bit off, not the K-member

Bryan

Dreamcar

Thanks for all you replies. I feel better now. :icon_smile_big: