News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I 81 delays to Carlisle

Started by ODZKing, July 10, 2013, 10:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODZKing

Hey folks,
I am getting conflicting reports on I 81 traffic this year.
Trafficland reports no problems but a friend who sees truckers frequently in his business said that a fellow was stuck in traffic near Scranton for better than an hour Monday while they were putting reflectors in the road.
While I am always aware that I 81 in PA is the land of unending construction, I was wondering if there was any validity to this.  I also had another fellow tell me that Scranton (81) was a mess but to take the bypass at Clarks Summit and that would eliminate any problems.  The other fellow said it was past that.
Can anyone confirm or deny any of that.   :shruggy:
I'd rather take 81 but if I have to sit, I'll take 15 through Williamsport and down thru Bloomsburg.
Thanks ... see you at Carlisle.    :popcrn:

71ChallengeHer

There is road construction on the road right by the Hess Station going into the Carlisle Fairgrounds before you get to gate 1 . So just take your first left. Then right at the stop sigh and it will bring you out at the light at the retro dealership.

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

71ChallengeHer

Yes , the 1st left . If you are turning right at the Hess or coming straight across High St. You will see orange cones blocking the street. You have to turn left

ODZKing

I'm not concerned about Carlisle ... 81 at Scranton. 
Nobody down that way huh?   :brickwall:

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: ODZKing on July 11, 2013, 10:22:34 AM
I'm not concerned about Carlisle ... 81 at Scranton. 
Nobody down that way huh?   :brickwall:

Alternate route is 84 >  87 >  287  >  78  >  81 ...   avoids scranton entirely.     Less hills. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

71ChallengeHer

Stuart, Just came down that way . I saw it on Facebook. He didn't say he had any problems.  :shruggy:  

ODZKing

Straight down from Syracuse ... fairly painless.  Construction through Scranton and I was told but moving, slowly but moving.
Then around m140 for about 10 miles or so down to one lane both ways but again, moving.
So if you are coming from points north, 81 south - it wasn't bad.

will

I'm going the same way as Brian said, just skipping 84 and cruising over the tappan zee. Alternate route ove the bear mtn bridge is closed.