News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone purchased Doug Thorley headers recently? (not Doug's)

Started by chaos52, July 09, 2013, 09:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaos52

I've been specing out the header market lately. Doug Thorley https://www.dougthorleyheaders.com/ has great prices and that Moparts article speaks highly of them, but it seems that their site has no information newer than 2009....are they even still in business?

If not can anyone recommend a good-fitting ceramic-coated header for 383/400 for $500-600?

Kern Dog

I got into a tiff with a guy on Moparts in a thread about Doug Thorley headers. HE stated that Dougs is an offspring company that came about after Doug Thorley headers had some financial problems. I can't recall if the guy said My Thorley went through a divorce and had to restructure or what it was.

chaos52

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on July 09, 2013, 10:04:17 PM
I got into a tiff with a guy on Moparts in a thread about Doug Thorley headers. HE stated that Dougs is an offspring company that came about after Doug Thorley headers had some financial problems. I can't recall if the guy said My Thorley went through a divorce and had to restructure or what it was.

What I've gathered online is that Doug Thorley lost Thorley's Headers (aka Doug Thorley's Headers) in a divorce and he started Doug's Headers before selling out to Pertronix. None of that information was from particularly reputable sources though.

Still wondering if Doug Thorley's is still in business though??

Ghoste

Whichever version it is, a friend of mine just ordered headers from them for his 428 SCJ Fairlane and the Dougs and Hooker were the only two choices he had (and you think its tough getting them for your big block Mopar).  The Hookers were more money with thinner flanges and thinner tube walls.
I'll let you know in a few days what his opinion is.