News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MP elec ignition versus an MSD or Mallory 6al

Started by sext7366, February 25, 2006, 01:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sext7366

Ok I think ive got my tach jumping pinned to the ignition because it is an autometer tach, which also is affected by mallory or msd ignitions, but besides that I am wondering how much better these types of systems are versus a mopar performance aftermarket electronic ignition.  If I upgrade from the orange box to a high performance chrome or gold box is it the same thing as adding a msd sytem?  Obviously I wouldn't get a rev control unit, but other than that will they offer the same fuel burning performance for the engine?

Chryco Psycho

If al;l the ign system is in good condition you will see No power gain usng any other ign system including multi spark
Chrome ign boxes can work better then Orange boxes depending on the RPM you are running , but the Gold box will not live in street use , it is for short term race use only

Headrope

The Mopar Performance multiple spark discharge ignition boxes are MSD brand units but with Mopar stickers on them. MSD makes them for Mopar.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.