News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need some 904 Help

Started by GoodysGotaCUDA, February 24, 2006, 07:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodysGotaCUDA

Boughta $800 duster i plan on driving daily. Pulled the pan to change the fluid (last registered in 1986...been sitting a longgg time) and anyway, Pulled the pan off my duster and i believe it is off of the Low/Reverse band. Anyway the piece of metal that connects the band to the apply linkage is sitting in the bottom of the pan

I'm sure the textbook method on fixing this is 'rebuild it'. but thats not really an option just yet. Is it possible to put that piece of metal back in at the adjuster/band, adjust the band, put the pan on and go? What's the likelyness that, that would work out?

Thanks.
-Mike

Picture

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/upload2/2426050-tranny.jpg

RD

all you have to do is put that piece back in between the servo lever and the rear band.  make sure you put it in "lengthwise".  If I am not mistaken, based on the transmission ( i do not have my book) you have to tighten it down to 72 inch lbs then back it off so many turns (based on the tranny and application).  I believe its usually 2 1/2 turns, but again consult your book.

of course you will have to remove the valve body.  when you pull the valve body off, watch out for excess fluid pouring all over you.  and dont forget to remove the shifter linkage up top :D

other than that, the fluid looks pretty clean.  how did the filter look?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

GoodysGotaCUDA

Quote from: RD on February 24, 2006, 08:05:07 PM
all you have to do is put that piece back in between the servo lever and the rear band.  make sure you put it in "lengthwise".  If I am not mistaken, based on the transmission ( i do not have my book) you have to tighten it down to 72 inch lbs then back it off so many turns (based on the tranny and application).  I believe its usually 2 1/2 turns, but again consult your book.

of course you will have to remove the valve body.  when you pull the valve body off, watch out for excess fluid pouring all over you.  and dont forget to remove the shifter linkage up top :D

other than that, the fluid looks pretty clean.  how did the filter look?

Filter looked pretty darn good i must say. So the valve body MUST come out to hook this band back up, correct?

Thanks!  :devil:

RD

well you can try it with the v-body in, but I can tell you it was difficult to put one of those puppies in with the valve body off, let alone with it still bolted on.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

GoodysGotaCUDA

Quote from: RD on February 24, 2006, 08:28:44 PM
well you can try it with the v-body in, but I can tell you it was difficult to put one of those puppies in with the valve body off, let alone with it still bolted on.

anyone have a picture on how its supposed to look properly installed? Asking because the band of course spins on the drum, there are the two notches on the band. The part that pivots that is attached to the adjustment lever and all. Just wanna make sure i get it in there right.  :icon_smile_blackeye: