News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

6.3L V8 383 needs new carb

Started by Andru_Z, June 14, 2013, 02:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andru_Z

Need a new carb. A lot of new stuff under the hood, but all of it is pretty much stock. Should I go Holley, Edelbrock, other? 650, 750, 800?

Thoughts?

Ghoste

A383Wing

I agree...anything larger would be a waste

Andru_Z

Andru_Z

Apologies for posting this question in the wrong category.

Andru_Z

Does it matter if the carb is AFB or AFS?

A383Wing

I like the AFB....but there are others that like the AVS....either would be fine....I don't think you can get a new AFB anymore

Bryan

Andru_Z

Ghoste

The Edelbrock Performer is an AFB and their Thunder series are AVS carbs.  For a simple just bolt it on and forge it carb the AFB is great and if you want a little more tunability then the AVS is a great step up.  Its got a spring loaded door in the secondary side where the AFB has a counter weighted door.  I'll leave the modular carbs out of it since it sounds to me like you just want a set and forget carb on a stock mill.

Andru_Z

That's helpful. Would you recommend manual or electric choke?

Ghoste

I think an electric one would be the way to go for yours. :Twocents:

Andru_Z

Awesome. Thanks! Lots of choices out there!!

A383Wing

yea...electric would be easier for installation....

Ghoste

Sure are a lot of choices. :lol:  You're right.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: A383Wing on June 14, 2013, 02:58:43 PM
I agree...anything larger would be a waste

mopar muscle I swore did a comparison and dyno test on a stock block 383 started with a 750 ended up with the dominator 1050 model and they said they peaked in HP/TQ with the 850.

google:
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/engine/mopp_1207_carburetor_dyno_test/viewall.html

c00nhunterjoe

The 850 made slightly more hp then the 750 but on a moderate street build a 750 holley is perfect. Good throttle response and lots of power. I run one and I love it.

FLG

Id go with a holley or proform over a edelbrick imo