News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rev-N-Nator

Started by NorwayCharger, June 08, 2013, 08:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorwayCharger

Just bought me a black Rev-n-nator.
Shipping to Norway will take a couple of weeks, i will post my experience with the box when i get it installed.
looking forward to test it  ;) 
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

JB400

justcruisin

I'm happy with it, performs great, seat of the pants tells me that it performs better up top than my budget ready to run that i previously run. Had to close up the air gap on the MSD, it wouldn't run with the .035" gap.

Kern Dog

You'll find that you need to back off the ignition timing with the REV box. It will likely have detonation with 33 or more degrees. Also, the thing doesn't work well with vacuum advance. This is why I pulled mine off.
Backing the timing out made it so my initial setting of 17* went down to  13*. The engine felt lazy and idled poorly at 13, but until I can get both 17* initial and 27* total by modifying the distributor, the REV will stay on the shelf.

justcruisin

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on June 08, 2013, 05:16:12 PM
You'll find that you need to back off the ignition timing with the REV box. It will likely have detonation with 33 or more degrees. Also, the thing doesn't work well with vacuum advance. This is why I pulled mine off.
Backing the timing out made it so my initial setting of 17* went down to  13*. The engine felt lazy and idled poorly at 13, but until I can get both 17* initial and 27* total by modifying the distributor, the REV will stay on the shelf.
I haven't found that, my timing is at 18/35 and there is no audiable knocking or any sign of detonation on the plugs, but I guess different sets ups will respond differently. I don't run any vacuum advance. The stock ecu does pull timing out as revs ramp up where the rev-n-nator doesn't. I did read that it is not uncommon to have to pull some timing though.

Kern Dog

It was Troy himself, co-owner of the R/T garage that makes this product that advised me about the timing issue. I found it to be the case. I guess with some additional tuning, this product may be an improvement over a stock or a chrome ECU.

NorwayCharger

I got my Rev-N-Nator in the car, adjusted the timing back from 18* to 13*.
Got rid of the vacuum advance and starting to test drive.
I felt the difference right away, my 70 GTX is stronger than ever  ;)
I tryed to adjust the timing again, ended up with 15* as i felt i was the best for my setup.
Really pleased with the result  :icon_smile_big:

AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

Musicman

Glad to hear that it worked out for you!  :2thumbs: