News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Boat

Started by billssuperbird, June 04, 2013, 03:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

What is Chrysler conqueror boat worth. Needs restored :shruggy: it is a 70 or a 71

Mytur Binsdirti

Depends on condition. Seeing as it's 42+ years old, unless it was stored inside and never used, I wouldn't expect it to be in great shape. Those big ugly Chrysler outboards were not known to be a great engine. Without seeing pictures, I'd safely guess that it's going to be a money pit.

If you really want a hot outboard, get yourself a mid-90's Malibu Flightcraft Barefooter. I had one & they are just an awesome boat.

billssuperbird

If you go on ebay 1970 mopar used. Take a look let me know.  :popcrn:

Budnicks

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 04, 2013, 03:18:26 PM
Depends on condition. Seeing as it's 42+ years old, unless it was stored inside and never used, I wouldn't expect it to be in great shape. Those big ugly Chrysler outboards were not known to be a great engine. Without seeing pictures, I'd safely guess that it's going to be a money pit.

If you really want a hot outboard, get yourself a mid-90's Malibu Flightcraft Barefooter. I had one & they are just an awesome boat.

Yep B.O.A.T. acronym means Bust Out Another Thousand
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

that boat in the 70 Mopar used section, a 70 Silver/Blue speed boat for starting bid @ $1500, with that old Chrysler Outboard, white rusty trailer with tiny wheels, ragged out interior, gauges & controls, probably corroded up fuel tank, too probably... Looks like it's been sitting outside not properly stored... IMHFO I would say pass on it, unless it's a "gotta have" type deal, allot of issues with old weathered, fiberglass over wood hulls, with gel coated metal-flake fiberglass, unless your extremely familiar with those archaic engines & older boats, controls, parts etc. they will be few & far in between, hard to find.... More power to ya if it's you thing...

Bob T

Or go further afield and have a look on www.dragboatcity.com
plenty of big horse big ticket items there ,If  I was buying another V8 flatbottom I'd start there..
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Mytur Binsdirti

That thing's seen better days and I'd avoid it kike the plague.   :eek2:

Here's my current ride (first picture is at the plant being built)... 

Budnicks

billssuperbird

The boat down to 800.00 one ebay :scratchchin:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: billssuperbird on June 06, 2013, 09:46:30 AM
The boat down to 800.00 one ebay :scratchchin:

I hate to burst your bubble, but that thing is so far gone, it's virtually worthless. In the end, if the sellers want it off thier property, they'll either end up giving it away or paying to have it removed.

billssuperbird

Bob T

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 04, 2013, 07:07:20 PM

What is it and who is the manufacturer, motor size? if you could. Great looking craft
I got out on a mates Winns 24?? with sbc and dumpers a few weeks ago, great ride and lots of power
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Bob T on June 06, 2013, 03:17:51 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 04, 2013, 07:07:20 PM

What is it and who is the manufacturer, motor size? if you could. Great looking craft
I got out on a mates Winns 24?? with sbc and dumpers a few weeks ago, great ride and lots of power

My boat is a 21' 2008 Malibu Response LXI. I ordered it & optioned it out the way I wanted. It's powered by a 340 hp Inmar small block Chevy. I liked my old Malibu, but it was time for more seating & the extra comfort & luxury this boat offers aint bad either. I went to their factory in TN & was very impressed.

http://www.malibuboats.com/boat/response/response-txi/

skip68

Nice boat dirty T.   :cheers: :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!