News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW 74 charger I have not seen it in person just pictures factory sunroof

Started by moparstuart, May 15, 2013, 01:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

i have a chance it buy it  but i am totally clueless on 3rd gen cars and parts pricing

what should I look at as problem areas and what questions should i ask    :icon_smile_big:    thanks guys
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

chargd72

Air cleaner says 400 but hood call outs say 440.  That could change the price a little.  Nice looking car.  I hope it works out.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

moparstuart

Quote from: chargd72 on May 15, 2013, 02:36:21 PM
Air cleaner says 400 but hood call outs say 440.  That could change the price a little.  Nice looking car.  I hope it works out.
i saw that  , any idea on a ball park offer  ?

1974dodgecharger

4k tops.....I saw better for 5k though.  Most 3rd gens go pretty low even full rotisserie. Ones go for max 20k on a good day vs a 2nd gen that's been done the same doubled plus.

moparstuart

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on May 15, 2013, 03:30:39 PM
4k tops.....I saw better for 5k though.  Most 3rd gens go pretty low even full rotisserie. Ones go for max 20k on a good day vs a 2nd gen that's been done the same doubled plus.
wow  even with a factory sunroof ?  had no idea these went this cheap i guess i'm out on it them 

skip68

Man, factory sunroof, air, big block and looks pretty good..... :drool5:   I'd say it's worth around $8k to $9k.    :2thumbs:   Just guessing though as I'm no 3rd gen expert.    :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: moparstuart on May 15, 2013, 03:40:29 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on May 15, 2013, 03:30:39 PM
wow  even with a factory sunroof ?  had no idea these went this cheap i guess i'm out on it them 

Saw one with sunroof very nice overall better conditi9n than this dude sold it for 6k. 3rd gens dont c9mman a premium as 2nd gens.  When I was looking for a 3rd gen they were all over the place not rare but what was rare was a manual version..

Tilar

Quote from: chargd72 on May 15, 2013, 02:36:21 PM

VIN comes back to 400 but it could have been changed. It is a nice looking car and it appears to be a rallye. If there is no rot I'd put it in the 7 to 8k range.

As far as problem areas, my 73 has a few minor issues around the rear spring mounts, but mine also sat outside behind a guys garage for 20 years in Toledo Ohio. Another spot is around the front cowl area up under the fenders.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bakerhillpins

Great looking color combo for sure!! :drool5:  but the vinyl top?#?  What the heck is up with that. :eek2:  was that a one year application detail?

The ones I have seen have the same trouble spots as the 2 nd gens.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

areibel

Quote from: Tilar on May 15, 2013, 04:56:24 PM

VIN comes back to 400 but it could have been changed. It is a nice looking car and it appears to be a rallye. If there is no rot I'd put it in the 7 to 8k range.

As far as problem areas, my 73 has a few minor issues around the rear spring mounts, but mine also sat outside behind a guys garage for 20 years in Toledo Ohio. Another spot is around the front cowl area up under the fenders.
:iagree:
That car, in that color is cool..  I've owned three 3rd gens, problem areas I had were rear spring shackle mounts (one set punched through the trunk floor) and the sides of the cowl ahead of the door hinges (similar to an E body).  One 73 I had was really bad, we pulled the fender off because the carpet was getting wet, the hole was about 18" high and 6"wide- Odd because the frame was really nice on that car?

Paul G

It looks really nice. Have you inspected the car yourself? It could be a 20 footer, or could be pristine, cant tell in the pics. 73 and 74 Charger's are great cars to drive, they have a much smoother ride and handle better due to suspension refinements. That one has Rallye stripes. Is it a real Rallye? The Rallye option replaced the R/T in 72 and on. Rallye option cars got sway bars, rallye dash, and dressed up a little more. By 73 and 74 the Charger had become a "personal luxury car". Power is way down in stock form. They tried to make up for it with more creature comforts.

If it is a Rallye the value can be some where between $15k and $22k for a perfect car. Now find someone willing to pay that. Not going to happen in this economy. If not a Rallye just a nice clean big block sunroof car, you are looking around $12k ish. Again those prices are what used to be, not in todays world.

If it is a rust free clean and straight car I would start around $10k with the guy and see where it goes. If you really want it, need it, and have to have it, go by the numbers above.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

71green go

3rd gens arent that cheap.......so I would say 8-10,000 .......if its in as good cond as it looks,......I do not care for the 74 model, but some can bring a good dollar still...
Best of luck if you choose to buy it

ralley72

Looks like a nice car, If no rust issues, motor/trans problems I say around $ 8 to 9 grands. If you buy this car, you'll love it and start throwing rocks at them 2 gens. ::)

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

brigond

Third generation charger or Not That cheap  anymore  I researched feverishly last year for a 3rd generation charger . Research the classifides for big. block chargers  and you will see .  1971 at 1972 chargers are priced higher . obviously , RT,Super Bee , and SE bring the most .. 

Post  your 3rd generation question on ....1971- 1974 charger forums .
Mopars are like the Hot Wheel/Matchbox cars from when I was a kid ...  Bad A@@ and Cool!!!

My other hobby is practicing the ancient art of CLICK! POW!

moparstuart

GOTWING

Sunroof, power windows , cruise, a/c , rallye, P code, 400 4b. I'm thinking around $8,000-10,000

TruckDriver

Well, there was only 405 - hardtop 400 4bbl auto cars built in 1974. So it is somewhat rare even if it did not have a sunroof.

And, I am not a 100% positive on this, but supposedly, there was only 16 big block sunroof Charger's built in 1974.

Wish there was a picture of the fender tag also. If it is a true Rallye car, it is a very rare car, as there was only 105 hardtop Rallye's built that year.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P