News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger R/T on Counting Cars May 7th

Started by Mopar Nut, May 08, 2013, 09:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

These type shows are like the scams we get in E-mails....All they really do is allow the 'Informed' to NOT even bother with them, while the 'Ignorant' seem to get sucked in and before you know it, they are actually thinking there's some Wierd looking dude and his side kick running round in Vegas with HUGE wads of cash offering rediculous sums of money for POS cars to flip.
Again, these are the same 'ignorant' folks that you see threads about who refuse to sell that roach of a car out of their yard. It is clearly worth more to them having people come up and knock on the door, ask for price, get turned down and leave pissed.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

BrianShaughnessy

I've watched that show a few times...   what a scam.    I don't think there's an actual reality show that is real.  This count creep is certainly not anyone I would do business with.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

magnum

Any one ever notice on Fast and Loud all the cars they sold are on later episodes sitting out front of his shop in a chained fence?
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

Budnicks

These "reality" car shows are just Entertainment, nothing more nothing less, but they are far better than watching the Liberally Promoted Over Exposed idiots like Kim K. & her dumb a$$ family or the multitude of fake Cops & Robbers or another damn Lawyer show, WWE all over the networks, I'd much rather watch the "fake reality car shows", than any of the other pointless crap, even Graveyard Cars show...LOL... Remember, they are trying to appeal to a vast viewer base, not everyone knows or thinks they know everything about cars or prices of cars  or building & selling them...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

bill440rt

Does anyone know the name of this CC episode?
I missed it but can't find it to DVR it.
Thx.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

68Charger4me

Quote from: Mopar Nut on May 10, 2013, 01:15:17 PM
Quote from: surmanajaja on May 10, 2013, 11:08:45 AM
ok I just watched the episode,do my eyes deceive me or when they show actually building of the car, its a 73 or 72 charger? am I the only one who noticed that... :shruggy:
Seen it too.
No, your eyes were not deceiving you, they showed alot of shots of a third gen....piss poor editing :brickwall:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: bill440rt on May 11, 2013, 12:10:57 PM
Thx.

"Count's Cryptonite"
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Homerr

$73k is a lot for a Charger.

However, if this guy contacted a shop to find an R/T and build it the way he wanted it then the cost of a car and all the labor/parts/shop profit to restore it seems reasonable.  And the car was probably done in a time budget too.  What doesn't make sense is why the guy just didn't buy a $35-45k car that was already done.

Personally, if I was the guy as soon as the cameras stopped rolling I'd tell them to repaint the hood.  I could never have the count work on a car of mine because of this sort of gaudy stuff he has to have on each car.

cdr

this charger is down the street from my house at a friends shop,i have pics but he wants to ask the owner if its ok for me to post them.it is a nice car .
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

70 sublime

But why is it at a shop when it was already good to go ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

ACUDANUT

Maybe the whole episode was staged bullshit and a lie. :scratchchin:

Cooter

Maybe dude who owns it is getting all that stupid "Count" crap off of it?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Scaregrabber

Kind of a neat Charger, kind of bad acting.

Sheldon

JumpTraveler

They actually shot 4 pilots for Counting cars they all tanked. You will see the toy appraiser from Pawn Stars will be getting his own show as they shot pilots for all the appraisers but Counting Cars shot 4.  The tech term for what you saw on the show is called Scripted Reality its a term and its pretty self explanitory..

JumpTraveler

To answer Bens question Cineflix whom produce American Pickers are very adiment about not NOT scripting there show but anyone that knows a camera crew is coming always ham it up or try ACTING its normal and producers look for people with energy or bring something to the screen Count has energy and he is def a charcter. My friend Lisa who is the broker for celebrity cars did the first pilot with the count and called me from set and just said it was GOD AWFUL and the count was just coming off to cheezy...things take time. And in Hollywood its about WHO YOU KNOW..He must know somebody

ACUDANUT

Quote from: JumpTraveler on May 18, 2013, 05:13:35 PM
They actually shot 4 pilots for Counting cars they all tanked. You will see the toy appraiser from Pawn Stars will be getting his own show as they shot pilots for all the appraisers but Counting Cars shot 4.  The tech term for what you saw on the show is called Scripted Reality its a term and its pretty self explanitory..

Can you use English here. What are you talking about. Pilots fly planes. :P

JumpTraveler

There are pilots or sizzle reels that are shown in ribate screens and people fill out comment cards as to the pros and cons This is a sizzle reel.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VuDovPlZEI&feature=autoshare

Bobs69

I'm not sure what I think about that show.  I like to watch the car shows and I guess that's why I sit thru it.

Personally Count, if it was me I wouldn't care if you pay me in $100 bills or $5 bills.  It just has to be cash.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: bill440rt on May 11, 2013, 12:10:57 PM
Thx.

There's a rerun of "Count's Cryptonite" on May 28th.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

cdr

well we got most of the problems fixed on the car & customer came & picked it up today.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

cdr

cdr

cdr