News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz My Hemi Charger

Started by hemi*guy, May 05, 2013, 06:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi*guy

After getting screwed by my restoration shop, I decided to bring my car home and do it myself. I heard mark from Graveyard Carz likes 70 Chargers, so I sent him a picture for the hell of it........he picked the car up four days later and says it will be on season 3 and 4.  I got lucky, let's see how this turns out! :shruggy:

Baldwinvette77

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

ottawamerc

Thats amazing I hope it works out for you, just checked out the web site and it looks like they do nice work not like those other car reality shows that splash some paint and put shiny stuff on in the 3 days allotted! Best part too is they are all Mopar :2thumbs: Keep us posted :popcrn:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

projectanimal

:2thumbs:
This make the GYC thread even bigger now!   :cheers:
northwest CT

Just 6T9 CHGR

Congrats so thats one from every year 2nd gen now..

The 69 Daytona, the '68 /6 Charger they will be doing along with now your 70 Hemi
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparchris

Can you give us some particulars on your 70?  I love 70 Charger R/T's.  Hell, who am I kidding.... I'm a whore for all 68-70 Chargers :icon_smile_big:

hemi*guy

It's numbers matching FK5 with a black vinyl roof, black interior, white bumblebee stripe... 4 speed ,Dana 60 rear  41006 original miles

Mytur Binsdirti

Well, there's another nice car that they'll only show glimpses of in between the endless buffoonery and nonsense that is Graveyard Carz.  ::)

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi*guy on May 05, 2013, 06:21:49 AM

After getting screwed by my restoration shop, I decided to bring my car home and do it myself. I heard mark from Graveyard Carz likes 70 Chargers, so I sent him a picture for the hell of it........he picked the car up four days later and says it will be on season 3 and 4.  I got lucky, let's see how this turns out! :shruggy:
very cool another member with a car there  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

charge69

Congrats on finally finding someone to restore it to its' former glory!  It will be a beautiful Charger when finished !

Cooter

Quote from: hemi*guy on May 05, 2013, 02:12:57 PM

It's numbers matching FK5 with a black vinyl roof, black interior, white bumblebee stripe... 4 speed ,Dana 60 rear  41006 original miles

You still gonna take it back by that girl's house who you bought it from when it's done? (At least I think this is that car I Read about?)..Daughter of the original owner? Had a BUNCH of Mopars, but this one was the only Hemi?...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

hemi*guy

Mytur  Binsdirti ..... Every post I see from you is usually negative...Can't you just let things be without being negative about it?

hemi*guy

Cooter .... this was my dads car he owned since 1972!!!

BB1

Aw he's not so bad, once your ignore him.  :lol:
Delete my profile

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: hemi*guy on May 05, 2013, 07:35:38 PM

Mytur  Binsdirti ..... Every post I see from you is usually negative...Can't you just let things be without being negative about it?

They do appear to do nice work, however, the show does not chronicle it and I think that most here would agree.

JB400

Mytur  Binsdirti ..... Every post I see from you is usually negative...Can't you just let things be without being negative about it?
You'll be shocked when he discovers the positive side of the battery. :icon_smile_big: ;)  Glad to hear you held on to your dad's car. :2thumbs:   :popcrn:

moparstuart

Cooter

Quote from: hemi*guy on May 05, 2013, 08:01:55 PM

Cooter .... this was my dads car he owned since 1972!!!

Ok, Thought I read somewhere that some dude bought a car with Hemi engine that looked EXACTLY like yours from the daughter of the original owner.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on May 06, 2013, 04:45:14 AM

Mytur  Binsdirti ..... Every post I see from you is usually negative...Can't you just let things be without being negative about it?
You'll be shocked when he discovers that side of the battery. :icon_smile_big: ;)  Glad to hear you held on to your dad's car. :2thumbs:   :popcrn:

Now that there is funny. I don't care who you are. :smilielol: "Positive post". CLASSIC!

moparstuart

On face book Mark said they would be doing alot of documenting of this car as alot of it is very original

hemi*guy

Drive train out, engine going to machine shop monday.

bull

So how does this work when a car gets restored on a TV show? Do you still have to pay all costs or does the network pick up some or all of it? Does the show pay and then it's considered taxable income like a game show?