News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need Help Finding Charger

Started by Zain, April 27, 2013, 05:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zain

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so nice to meet all of you. Anyway I started this thread to get some info from anyone who knows about a specific Charger I'm trying to find. It's an 1969 RT/SE 440 hardtop F8 green exterior, similar interior green and white RT stripe. It was pretty beat up inside and out and wasn't running. I was watching it for a while when it was at a local dealership in Braselton or Lawrenceville, GA, but when I finally went to see it (I waited too long I guess), it was already "sold". The guy may have been lying and maybe he still has it, but he claims it was bought by some guy named Steven in Toronto. I absolutely loved the look of this particular one and I haven't found another with the same options or close enough. I really want to find it, so if anyone knows anything about it I would greatly appreciate the help. Need anymore details? Thanks everyone

Baldwinvette77

Do you know the vin number? because if it was a project car like you described it can be any colour now  :scratchchin:

70 sublime

If you did not buy it when it was close to you for what ever reason and it made it to Toronto and you could find it it would cost you twice as much as it would have the first time you saw it
I know if I went to all the trouble to go that far to get a Charger I would not be in a big hurry to sell it :)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Fred

Welcome to the forum and good luck with finding this particular Charger.  :cheers:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Welcome to the group, Zain.  The reason you don't see too many of these cars in that particular color combo is because now a days, they're not as popular.  Many of the green cars got painted a different color.  You might be able to find one that was originally that color and redo it to the way it formerly was.

As far as this particular car, what timeframe was this in?  Never know, maybe someone here bought that car.  Best of luck :2thumbs:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mytur Binsdirti

Hmmmm, green on green. There couldn't be that many around in that color combination.       ;)

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Zain

Hey guys thanks for the welcomes

Yep here's the VIN XS29L9B269202
70 sublime -   :angel: I would literally keep it for a very long time. No selling here :2thumbs: So I wouldn't doubt it would passed down. I think I'm pretty much willing to buy it back.
I guess I could turn another back to it's original F8. Only thing is that this one was right in my price range and it wasn't so beat up that I couldn't take on the project myself yet it wasn't that other way either. but this one was somehow just right: the green was awesome you dont see that everyday, the hardtop is easier to manage with me, the driveshaft was missing( wanted a custom one anyway) 3spd auto ( can't drive a manual yet) towing package ( pretty unique, plus higher gear ratio  :icon_smile_big:) and that white stripe? i would do double takes just to have fun...ohh yeahh green on green with white and chrome trim, thats hot
My guess would be that it sold sometime in the last five or six months

DrHemi

Wouldn't happen to be at Dixie Dream Cars would it?
1938 Packard 120
1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk
1963 Ford Fairlane 500
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (RIP due to code enforcement)
1970 Dodge Charger 500
1972 MG Midget
1987 Maserati BiTurbo Si

70 sublime

Quote from: Zain on April 29, 2013, 09:16:01 PM

70 sublime -   :angel: I would literally keep it for a very long time. No selling here :2thumbs: So I wouldn't doubt it would passed down. I think I'm pretty much willing to buy it back.
I guess I could turn another back to it's original F8. Only thing is that this one was right in my price range and it wasn't so beat up that I couldn't take on the project myself yet it wasn't that other way either. but this one was somehow just right: the green was awesome you dont see that everyday, the hardtop is easier to manage with me, the driveshaft was missing( wanted a custom one anyway) 3spd auto ( can't drive a manual yet) towing package ( pretty unique, plus higher gear ratio  :icon_smile_big:) and that white stripe? i would do double takes just to have fun...ohh yeahh green on green with white and chrome trim, thats hot

I was not trying to rain on your parade :)
I live about an hour east of Toronto
I just picked up my car from the Toronto area in January and it is a FJ5 car and it came up from the states also
No I have not seen a darker green one around but I will keep my eyes open

Just trying to say if the car was worth $3000 when you first saw it and the new buyer would have spent another $1500 in transportation and duty at the boarder to get it this far and maybe has spent some $$ on it by now
It will cost you more than $5000 to pry it from the new guys hands and you still have to get it back across the boarder (more duty ?) and back to where you live so it would be easy to think that $3000 car that got away will now cost you closer to $6000 to get back (if you could find it and buy it)

But you will never know unless you try so good luck in your search

Zain

Quote from: DrHemi on April 30, 2013, 10:20:13 AM
Wouldn't happen to be at Dixie Dream Cars would it?

Yeah it was/is. Saw it online? What's up?

Zain

Quote from: 70 sublime on April 30, 2013, 12:45:28 PM
Quote from: Zain on April 29, 2013, 09:16:01 PM

I was not trying to rain on your parade :)
I live about an hour east of Toronto
I just picked up my car from the Toronto area in January and it is a FJ5 car and it came up from the states also
No I have not seen a darker green one around but I will keep my eyes open

Just trying to say if the car was worth $3000 when you first saw it and the new buyer would have spent another $1500 in transportation and duty at the boarder to get it this far and maybe has spent some $$ on it by now
It will cost you more than $5000 to pry it from the new guys hands and you still have to get it back across the boarder (more duty ?) and back to where you live so it would be easy to think that $3000 car that got away will now cost you closer to $6000 to get back (if you could find it and buy it)

But you will never know unless you try so good luck in your search

Oh I understand, that's a good point. Yes it will cost more I guess and although the costs would be ridiculous, I'm pretty sure I'm still crazy enough to pay extra. Supposedly it sold for $15,000 and  I guess to get it back it would be in the area of $20,000? Thanks I'd really appreciate if you kept a lookout  :yesnod:

gers1968rt

I would look for a similar car closer to home, but that's just me.  ::)
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

DrHemi

I'm familiar with the place.
1938 Packard 120
1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk
1963 Ford Fairlane 500
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (RIP due to code enforcement)
1970 Dodge Charger 500
1972 MG Midget
1987 Maserati BiTurbo Si

Zain

Quote from: gers1968rt on May 01, 2013, 05:58:22 PM
I would look for a similar car closer to home, but that's just me.  ::)

Hmm I guess. I would be looking for an numbers matching 1969 rt/se hardtop 440 with a 3pd auto and a buddy seat. Anybody got one??

So no one has heard anything about the original Charger I'm trying to track here?

Zain

Quote from: DrHemi on May 01, 2013, 10:09:29 PM
I'm familiar with the place.

Yea? You live in Georgia? What's your experience with them  :brickwall:

70 sublime

This is a popular for sale/wanted web site in our area which includes Toronto

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/f-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-W0QQAQ5fCarMakeZamcQ2cchryslerQ2cdodgeQ2cplymouthQQCatIdZ122QQisProvinceSearchZtrue

Make yourself a wanted ad with some of your details and maybe someone will turn up or at least know something

The ads are a bit of a pain to fill out until you have all the spaces filled in or it will not post but it will show you what it does not like till you get it right :)
Worth a shot

If you need any help with this let me know

richRTSE