News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

drip rail trim fit at quarter window 1968 charger

Started by flathead1946, April 25, 2013, 07:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flathead1946

How does the drip rail trip fit at the quarter window? Does it go over the quarter trim? I have repo trim and its too small to fit over. Is there a way to expand? pictures? thanks in advance.

twodko

The end of the DR trim does indeed go over the quarter trim piece and it will be snug. I have no experience with repop DR trim but I have been told by other guys here that there is a slight width difference between this trim for VT cars and non VT cars.
My 69 is a VT car and put the OEM trim back on. It wasn't easy with the new vinyl top, the drivers side went on smoothly but the passenger side was a bitch.   :shruggy:
I have since learned a couple things from other members....
Where the roof DR trim meets the pillar post trim the gap can't be so wide that the little corner clip won't capture both ends. The trick is to measure from this junction, insuring the corner cap will cover both trim ends, to the quarter trim. This will show how much overlap there will be on the quarter trim piece.
Make it as easy and safe for yourself and the cars finish by having another set of hands to hold the trim will you work it back on. What I did was begin at the quarter trim overlapping it as measured by "hooking" the top of the DR lip over the DR quarter trim and VT, if your car has a vinyl top or not its the same procedure, and seat it under the drip rail by pushing it or smacking it with your hand. Never use any impact tool just the palm of your hand. Work your way along the DR until you meet the pillar post. Before you hand tap the little corner piece in place, apply a dab of adhesive.....clear silicone etc......to it. Those little corner piece are made from unobtainium. If they are not firmly attached and blow off you're screwed. Be patient and use a dish towel between the trim and your palm if the repetitive wacking starts killing your hand. Let's us know how it goes.
Good luck

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!