News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona - c500 questions about creative Industries ?????

Started by hemikev, April 20, 2013, 11:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemikev

when it came to building the daytona and C500 ..  did creative ????

were all the conversions parts supplied by dodge,or were some parts modified by creative ( like the trunk lid )

were cars just picked off the assembly line and sent to creative ... 

who decided that certain un ordered car were to be sent to creative..

were the cars painted and then repainted after rear plug installed ( did they paint whole car or just flash in modified areas ) when arrived at creative .

I know superbirds got their own parts manuals sent to new owners ,  did daytonas or C500 s  have something like that ...

what happened to all the stock charger parts after creative did their conversions  ......

did creative modify any other cars other then dodge ,,  (  ford - chevy )

Do you guys and girls have any actual pics of these cars being converted at creative  ...

i dont know if i dont ask    thanx

WINGIN IT

Good questions, I'll let the experts reply, but on a related note, what role did the Special Order Sheet play, if any?
It appears to  be the guidelines on what vehicles to take from the line and how to move to Creative.

This is the one we found in the backseat of my car.

hemikev

That is an amazing find wingin it  ,,  so kool ,  never seen that before..

tan top

Quote from: WINGIN IT on April 21, 2013, 08:02:09 AM
Good questions, I'll let the experts reply, but on a related note, what role did the Special Order Sheet play, if any?
It appears to  be the guidelines on what vehicles to take from the line and how to move to Creative.

interesting  document  , thanks for sharing  :yesnod: :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemikev

Im thinking no one was supposed to ever see that  ,,,  awesome find ..  I can only assume these were sent to creative ,,or were they mopar interno memo ,  If it was sent to creative ?  did  creative give them to employees who were doing the hands on work ??   4/15/69  memo  ..I cant think of any reason why that would end up in your car  ...But im glad it did  ..  it did answer a few of my original question..  kool $hit

WINGIN IT

I just assume all the Daytonas got the sheet, as you can see, the Special Order sheet is taped to the Traveler Sheet that has my specific car info on it, order number, VIN , sales code, etc.

hemikev

I dont know enough about Daytonas to know if they all came with that paperwork,, maybe 1 of the mopar wing bigdogs will post here  ,, 

Alaskan_TA

All Hamtramck cars likely had one from at least the 1969 model year into the 1971 model year. I have one here somewhere that was found under the carpet of a 1971 A-body & the revision date was 1968 (1969 model year). So, the same form was in use for quite a while without being revised.

hemikev

Ive pulled 100 or so sheets from cars in yards ,,and have quite a collection of sheets from friends ,,  but have never seen this  ,, 

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Alaskan_TA

Vehicle Traveler is printed at the top.

I have not found any myself either, the one I have was sent to me. From past discussions they were in the trunk area of the car while on the assembly line. The few I have heard of were found under the rear carpet or under the back seat, so most of them may have been removed if not trapped in the car by an installed part.

Aero426

Quote from: hemikev on April 20, 2013, 11:48:04 PM

were all the conversions parts supplied by dodge,or were some parts modified by creative ( like the trunk lid )
were cars just picked off the assembly line and sent to creative ...  
who decided that certain un ordered car were to be sent to creative..

Every Daytona was "ordered" in the sense that someone in data processing had to manually enter the 500 cars into the Chrysler system prior to build.   There was nothing random about which cars were chosen once they were on the assembly line.   I do not know how they determined which car would be what color, and equipped with specific options.   As far as parts, Chrysler would have far more capability to source the special parts needed.    Creative's job was to finish the build of the cars.

Quotewere the cars painted and then repainted after rear plug installed ( did they paint whole car or just flash in modified areas ) when arrived at creative .
The level of repainting depended on the car.   But it is safe to say that a majority of panels saw paint at Creative.  

QuoteI know superbirds got their own parts manuals sent to new owners ,  did daytonas or C500 s  have something like that ...
No supplemental book was made for the Daytona.

Quotewhat happened to all the stock charger parts after creative did their conversions  ......
Sold, or disposed of in whatever way necessary.   Ernie Derr, the Iowa racer is said to have bought a bunch of the standard Charger front clips from Creative.  

Do you guys and girls have any actual pics of these cars being converted at creative  ...

No pics of cars being worked on that I know of, other than the PR photos of the cars sitting outside.  

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on April 21, 2013, 09:56:56 PM
Vehicle Traveler is printed at the top.

Right, the Special Order Sheet is taped to it .[/color]

I have not found any myself either, the one I have was sent to me. From past discussions they were in the trunk area of the car while on the assembly line. The few I have heard of were found under the rear carpet or under the back seat, so most of them may have been removed if not trapped in the car by an installed part.

Agree with Barry here,  we plucked mine out from under the carpet in the rear back seat area .
I was ecstatic at first as I thought it was the broadcast sheet  :yesnod:
But I was wrong  :'(  
But then we found the broadcast sheet ( actually TWO - they were stuck together) under the carpet in the front seat up against the console  :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:
[/color]

Charger_Dart

Were these vehicle travel sheets similar to the one that I found in my Superbird? Or were these something different?

68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

Aero426

:popcrn:
Quote from: Charger_Dart on April 22, 2013, 09:57:07 AM
Were these vehicle travel sheets similar to the one that I found in my Superbird? Or were these something different?

No, those are not traveler sheets.    

The traveler is the small sheet with the actual car VIN on it.  The traveler above is taped to the 8 x 11 Daytona paperwork.    

Yes that generalized Daytona paperwork is similar in style to the NASCAR Master #1 for Superbirds.   But neither is car specific.

Charger_Dart

Good to know, Thanks!

Quote from: Aero426 on April 22, 2013, 10:48:26 AM
:popcrn:
Quote from: Charger_Dart on April 22, 2013, 09:57:07 AM

No, those are not traveler sheets.    

The traveler is the small sheet with the actual car VIN on it.  The traveler above is taped to the 8 x 11 Daytona paperwork.    

Yes that generalized Daytona paperwork is similar in style to the NASCAR Master #1 for Superbirds.   But neither is car specific.
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

5hunert

So, did the blanks for the shortened trunklids come from the cars coming in the door at Creative, or were they "new out of the box" pieces?  Seems like it would be a lot easier to modify an unpainted piece.  Then match the shortened trunklids to a car of the same color?

hemikev

Xcellent question.  did mopar stamp rear plug. .or outside jobber.. As well as rear hinges fot decklid. 

Mopar John

AERO426 mentions that Ernie Derr a racer from Iowa bought some of the standard 69 Charger front clips. In a conversation with the late Dave Whitcomb who was an independent Dodge racer from Valparaiso, Indiana, He told me about these 69 Charger clips also. He told me that Ronnie Householder made a deal for the racers to get these! Dave took his school bus hauler up there and filled the area were the racecar normally sat with brand new 69 Charger front clips!
MJ

hemikev

Quote from: WINGIN IT on April 21, 2013, 08:02:09 AM

Wingin it s   paper above states ,,shipped no rad , grill - headlamp doors , r/t badges ,,  looks like if thats the way they were shipped to Creative , there wasnt a whole lot for creative to remove - looks like more or less get the car in and install  and get it out the door ..  ...  doesnt look like a lot of front clips to have been bought  .   unless another release that says  diff ..