News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

P'titRaisin's '69 Charger

Started by PtitRaisin, April 16, 2013, 03:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PtitRaisin

Hi.

Sorry but for the moment I don't work on my car. Too much things to do when you buy a house!!

I login everyday here, and I'll inform you when I'll start the remounting!
Quentin

PtitRaisin

Hello,

My sweet little Charger will have his new paint in december.
I plan to purchase my interior during november. It will be black vinyl and leather)

However, I'm not well decided on the rims.
I'd like in a first time just buy chrome center caps to put on my stock wheels, but if I make a purchase in USA, it can be more interesting to pack everything in one time...
I'm torn between American Racing Vector or Magnum 500...

Quentin

Baldwinvette77

so, are you going to finish the orange paintjob, or change the colour?  :popcrn:

PtitRaisin

I stay on my idea, full orange with a rear stripe. The color is not defined for the moment but I'll do it by sticker covering (changeable when I like).

Quentin

PtitRaisin

Hi guys

New years always means new resolutions.
For me it was planned long time before, I start the car restoration.

Tomorrow, a friend come to home with his strobo light to tune the ignition and we'll tune the richness of carburetor.
If the weather is pleasant, we'll test the transmission through my neighborhood.

And next week, she goes to body workshop.
Because, from this moment I have only 176 days to let her beautiful and reliable to go to the Bugatti raceway at Le Mans.

I'll put photos of the operations.

Quentin

Baldwinvette77

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Ghoste

How far is your drive to LeMans?

PtitRaisin

Quentin

PtitRaisin

By the way, someone here knows the previous owner of this Charger?
Quentin

PtitRaisin

First overview :

My friend an I succeeded in tuning the ignition.

On the other hand, at the risk of sounding like a newbie : the Edelbrock tuning was not so simple to understand.

Only the two barrels on the front open. The two behind don't, even WOT.
But we noticed that this part must activate them.

At first it looks a little hard, maybe not mounted in the correct way?

Therefor I will dismantle the carburetor to check if the float-adjustment have been correctly done at 7/16".

Because, when I increase engine speed, I've got a few explosion return by the intake.
Quentin

bakerhillpins

Check the other side of the carb, there is a secondary throttle lockout that is in place when the choke is still on. This should be pulled out of the way when the engine warms. See below.

Do you have an automatic trans? If you do you should first adjust your kick-down linkage. Mine was improperly adjusted and was not allowing the throttle to reach it's wide open position. Which in turn didn't allow the secondarys to even open when everything on the carb was adjusted properly.

Do a google search for AVS/AFB rebuild instructions, pull the carb and go through the adjustments sections that are performed after the rebuild is completed. It tells you how to set all the linkages.  Here is a link to one though I have better at home however it's for a Carter AVS. PM me if you want me to email you a copy.
http://www.studebaker-info.org/Carbfiles/lateafb/AFB-tune.pdf
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

PtitRaisin

Thanks for your link.

I'm asking if the carb is well an Edelbrock because when I look at the exploded views in your PDF, mine isn't totally the same.
For example I've only one idle mixture screw.

My kick down linkage seems to be well mounted, but when I open full throttle, it pushes the linkage just a little. And I don't know if it's sufficient to kick down.

Quentin

bakerhillpins

Quote from: PtitRaisin on January 13, 2014, 06:56:56 PM
Thanks for your link.

I'm asking if the carb is well an Edelbrock because when I look at the exploded views in your PDF, mine isn't totally the same.
For example I've only one idle mixture screw.

My kick down linkage seems to be well mounted, but when I open full throttle, it pushes the linkage just a little. And I don't know if it's sufficient to kick down.

No, mine is not an Edelbrock, it's a Carter AVS. The Edelbrock Thunder series are Carter AVS/AFBs as they bought the design from Carter.

My Kickdown seemed fine too but it wasn't allowing the carb to reach WOT.  Just disconnect the kickdown linkage and see if you can get the secondaries to open with out it attached. If you can then it's the Kickdown.

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a scan of the instructions I have.  :2thumbs:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

PtitRaisin

Thanks I'll try this week end !

You'll have a PM  ;)
Quentin

bakerhillpins

I just emailed you the manuals. Be sure to let us know how it goes and if you have any more issues.  :2thumbs:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

PtitRaisin

Hello !
Just to update :
My Charger is now to the bodywork. Restoration begins now!

Carb isn't well tuned yet, but I'll do soon.
Thanks again Bryan.

Quentin

Baldwinvette77

Ghoste

bakerhillpins

Quote from: PtitRaisin on February 19, 2014, 06:23:33 PM
Hello !
Just to update :
My Charger is now to the bodywork. Restoration begins now!

Carb isn't well tuned yet, but I'll do soon.
Thanks again Bryan.

Sure thing Quentin  :cheers:  If you need any help let me know, Ill do my best to help!

Car is looking good.  :2thumbs:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

PtitRaisin

One thing made me laugh when I left my car to the workshop : she's among Renault 5 alpine, turbo I and II. And they look ridiculous near the Charger! :D
Quentin

Ghoste

Dino

Quote from: PtitRaisin on February 20, 2014, 09:21:02 AM
One thing made me laugh when I left my car to the workshop : she's among Renault 5 alpine, turbo I and II. And they look ridiculous near the Charger! :D

Unfortunately those little buggers may actually leave the Charger behind.

I drove an Alpine (not the 5, the fast looking thing) decades ago and it was a very impressive car.  A few years back I drove a Delorean which has the same engine block and it was ridiculously slow.  I'm not sure what Renault did to theirs but dayum!

Any DS's in that shop?  Love those things.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

PtitRaisin

Quote from: Dino on February 20, 2014, 10:16:46 AM
Quote from: PtitRaisin on February 20, 2014, 09:21:02 AM

Unfortunately those little buggers may actually leave the Charger behind.

I drove an Alpine (not the 5, the fast looking thing) decades ago and it was a very impressive car.  A few years back I drove a Delorean which has the same engine block and it was ridiculously slow.  I'm not sure what Renault did to theirs but dayum!

Any DS's in that shop?  Love those things.

There is no doubt that these little bombs leave me behind.
They're lighter and the turbo II of my friend shows 300hp!

One of my friends own a DS, I can take a photo next time I'll see him if you want.
Quentin