News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

P'titRaisin's '69 Charger

Started by PtitRaisin, April 16, 2013, 03:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PtitRaisin

Hi everyone,

Guess what arrived to my house yesterday?

Now I have to work very hard, be patient and passionate.

I'll do all I can to rebirth a little part of history, altough she's not so bad!

Quentin

Mopar Nut

Congrats, good find, looks like a CA. car by the plate on the floor.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

charge69

Congrats on getting your Charger home! Looks like a fair bit of work yet to be done but, I am betting it will get done!

Baldwinvette77

WOOHOO!!!! This is gonna kick some ass!!!  :popcrn:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Its the right color in the engine compartment as well ;)

Good luck with her!  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

projectanimal

Looks like a great start!   :cheers: :2thumbs:  is it a running project??

Did you grab the Delorean too?  Go back In time and bring us all fresh off the shelf parts!!   :smilielol:
northwest CT

Fred

Congrats.  :cheers:    Enjoy the journey.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Baldwinvette77

So, are all the parts there? or whats missing? and i guess it's going to be painted orange?  :popcrn:

JB400

Congrats on the arrival :2thumbs:  Hope you got most of the pieces.  What's the plans for this one?

tan top

:scope:   congratulations !!  :yesnod: :2thumbs:   like S4W said , whats tha plan ! stock type rebuild or .....   looking forward to seeing more pictures & updates &  stuff   :popcrn: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

six-tee-nine

Good find, 69's are the best.

Greetings from your northern neigbour.

BTW where in France are you located?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

4cruzin

Looks like it is gonna be a sweet car!   :cheers:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

PtitRaisin

Thanks all !

To reply in the order of questions :

Yeah it's a CA car.

I don't have so much work on it, the most have been already done : quarter panels / door / trunk / hood / roof replacement.
I'll have only to clean lot of parts, apply a new paint and find a new interior.

Yeah, Allan, that will be the most awesome car in the region !

Color is the most important question for the moment. :scratchchin: You'll see below.

It's a running project : engine starts clockwork, trans drives well backwards but has difficulties forwards. (I'm thinking at oil problem, but I'll see)
The Delorean is now at about 150 miles from me.

I've got most of the parts : new AMD chrome bumpers, new front spoiler, a new black dashpad, and a lot a small parts.
The front grille has only a small crack at top right angle but everything else is perfect.

For the color, it would be a shame to change it now.
The previous owner done a very clean work, so i'll continue it in orange.
BUT...
I don't know if I keep the orange wheels with a chrome centercap, and a black stripe around the trunk / black interior. --> It would be very sweet !
OR... GL clone. Most common for you, but in France you can count it on fingers. And it's very fun!

Six-tee-nine, I'm at the south of Brittany. Exactly at the middle of the Brière swamp.

I promise I'll do all to make it a very cool, clean and reliable Charger.

This evening, I was chatting with her and I said "Good night" when I closed the garage door. Maybe I'm mad.

Quentin

PtitRaisin

I was forgetting, you'll have a complete photo report this week end!
Quentin

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: PtitRaisin on April 17, 2013, 04:50:20 PM

This evening, I was chatting with her and I said "Good night" when I closed the garage door. Maybe I'm mad.

Mad? :scratchchin:

Seems normal to me. :2thumbs:

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

DadsCharger00

Baldwinvette77

My cars a corpse but i still have detailed conversations with her  :rofl: and yeah even though GL's are popular in the states, they'll defiantly be a unique sight in france, you could just paint it orange but without the GL decals, and put a black tailstripe, would look pretty neat,  :2thumbs:

Fred

Quote from: PtitRaisin on April 17, 2013, 04:50:20 PM
Thanks all !

You're definitely still in "Honeymoon" mode.   :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

The Charger is the best one to talk to.  It don't get mad, but it can act up and throw a tantrum :lol:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: PtitRaisin on April 17, 2013, 04:51:43 PM
I was forgetting, you'll have a complete photo report this week end!
Can't wait, love pictures.

:popcrn:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Dino

Awesome!  My two all time favorite cars on one truck...I would have hijacked the truck!

Congrats Quentin, now treat her well and she will return the favor.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Plum Crazy 68

Can I borrow the Deloreon to go back and get a Hemi Charger from 1969? :2thumbs:

Old Tired Rebel

Great looking Charger,Congrats