News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check what you order as soon as it arrives!

Started by b5blue, April 15, 2013, 06:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I work in receiving for the V.H.A. and intake 100's of items daily from all suppliers. Today I came home to find a package with slight damage to the box and sure enough the trim inside is damaged. Many times I've read here how guys order and stockpile parts for their cars then later find issues of one type or another.
  I can tell you for a fact your begging for trouble if you don't CLOSELY examine everything at first sight, preferably before signing for delivery. For instance my new leaf springs, when they showed up I checked the part numbers...they were for a Challenger not a Charger! (I refused delivery and that expedited reissue of the correct parts.)  Never feel rushed by a shipper who is dancing in front of you like he has to go to the john, the bigger the rush the more likely he knows something is not right and wants you to sign.
  Don't just look for damage from the shipper and check part numbers, check quality and fitment overall, I keep a BIG 5X7 inch magnifier handy at the house and at work won't hesitate ripping open anything under the slightest suspicion. Take the time to count out and examine things like clips and screws or other numerous parts carefully, if you bought 50, all 50 better be there and be useable. At work I'm a hired watchdog protecting YOUR hard earned money for our Veterans well being, at home I'm the same way, I verify thoroughly THEN store for use. A good trick is to store the invoice with the packaging and product till used, then transfer the invoice to a file. Photocopy receipts from auto parts stores as they are prone to fade and closely inspect what you bought right there at the counter. I bought a new Moog idler arm bushing from Advance Auto and it was misaligned, the center tube was not parallel, that would have put the swing of the idler arm's arc way off effecting steering had I not caught it. Checking at the counter saved trips and days of delay, they had a new one the next morning for me. (Copying the receipt insures my "Lifetime Warranty" will be verifiable longer than the ink on the receipt! My record is 16 years from date of purchase for a replaced part.) 
  I just sent the vendor pics of the box and the damaged parts to document the issue and called both Tony at RPS and Trim parts (Who drop shipped my order.) within 30 minutes of opening the box so lastly if you find any issue react immediately. When ever possible I use PayPal with a Credit Card for double protection of my money.